Who is Donald J. Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CoinBlazer, Nov 13, 2019.

1. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

Regarding the question, and whether you agree with him or not, he has successfully wormed his way out of many political attacks, coups and such.
    -Russian Interference
    -Mueller Investigation
    -Travel Ban Court Battle
    -Executive Cabinet coup
    -Kavanaugh Confirmation

Beyond the partisanship of this, I find it personally interesting how he successfully walked away from each of these barely scratched. But will this impeachment case be the final battle?

2. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

@CoinBlazer I wouldn't hesitate to say that most any leader we have had in the modern era has trodden dark avenues in his role as our nations leader. Richard Nixon was caught and Hillary Clinton was caught. We know that Mr. Nixon left his position somewhat in disgrace. I would surmise that Mrs. Clinton's mishandling her transgression likely cost her a seat in the White House, but that is simply conjecture on my part....... Mr. Trump has quite the chasm to cross. His brash demeanor has painted him as an unlikable figure. The left has quite successfully used that to their advantage and as a result I am afraid he won't have the ability to overcome this. Mr. Trump won't leave the office in disgrace as Mr. Nixon had to do. However folks have long forgotten the tax incentives, affordable gasoline and lucrative job market in favor of the noise of this impeachment. I fear he won't be able to overcome this proverbial straw that broke the camels back and his reelection prospects will be bleak. I can only pray that whomever our nation does elect is at least somewhat moderate. However I don't know that the left will allow a moderate candidate. These are troubling times in this old boys mind.

3. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

This is the real Donald Trump.

4. Mopar Dude

Hey Joe.... I remember when this was all the buzz. I think I told you before that many years ago I was a low level rock star. And I don't hesitate to say that almost every night on that stage I had similar thoughts and discussions among my cohorts. I doubt you could point towards most any man short of the Pope that hasn't done the same at some time or place in their life. The manner I once viewed women has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the kind of man that I am now. The slimeball in this scenario is the person that secretly recorded this personal conversation to use as some political tool.

5. JoeNation
    No Mood

Donald Trump was 59 years old when he made those comments in 2005. He wasn't some kid. I'm sure nobody thought that in 2005, "Hum, I better save this outtake just in case Donald Trump ever decides to run for president in 2016". People thought that he was a joke in 2015. You give him far, far too much benefit of the doubt. Almost at an absurd level of credulity. The man is and always has been an amoral, egomaniac and that will never change. His is who he is. Change is not in his DNA. He disgusts me.

6. Mopar Dude

Well Jow, he sure isn't a fellow I would care to sit and have a beer with either. I said before and I'll say it again. You just cannot argue the results. And fact is, folks are as comfy as they have been in quite some time.

7. JoeNation
    No Mood

I think the United States is more than just how comfortable some people feel. Many people don't feel comfortable. Minorities, women, immigrants, Muslims, Conservationists, Scientists, our allies, the military, our vets, 70,000 children separated from their parents, countless farmers living off of the government dole when they used to earn their own living, .... Point being that there is far more to consider than the economy chugging along at virtually the same pace as it was under Obama while Obama was being criticized by the Right for not having an economy that was robust enough.

8. Mopar Dude

Sorry about the misspelling of your name. It was not intentional. Darned fingers run faster than my brain sometimes.

9. JoeNation
    No Mood

:D

10. JoeNation
    No Mood

I guess to put it succinctly, I don't like the man, I don't like his policies, I don't like the people he surrounds himself with, I don't like his tweets, I don't like his lack of ethics, morality, or his adoration of the world's worst dictators. He and his family are is as corrupt as they come.