Riots in London

Discussion in 'World Events' started by De Orc, Aug 8, 2011.

1. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Well for something a bit different we are having a series of mini-riots here in London kicked of the other day in Tottenham North London then moved to Enfield the following day erupted in Brixton and Oxford circus and today in Hackney and down the road to me in Lewisham and Peckham There seems to be no reason for it simply a case of lets go and do some looting and burn a few things!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14439970

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/08/london-riots-third-night-live

2. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

I'm sure dr moen, phd will find some way to blame it on Bush and/or Fox News

3. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

What a single-minded fanatic you are.

4. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Well a number of them were talking about recieving free Bush!!

Also apparently spread out of London to Birmingham and a shooting in Leeds!

5. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

There is always a reason for rioting. They haven't been able to pin it down to some flashpoint or cause yet? What are they speculating the cause is?

6. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

The initial one was to do with a shooting in Tottenham last week were the Police stoped a taxi and apparently tghere was a shootout Sunday night there was a peaceful protest by the dead mans family and friends all very low key then at about midnight all hell broke loose. Today it started in Hackney when a youth was stoped and searched by the police
    what has happend since has been looting setting premisis alight regardless of the fact that they have appartments above the shops!! so far no one has died but to be honest it woudnt suprise me if someone does die.

7. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

You missed the right and the Christians. They are the violent ones, don't you know?

8. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

And his sidekick. The dynamic dunces.

9. David

Just preemptively eliminating one of your left wing extremist talking points.

10. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

Or put more accurately, consistently proving what an a$$hat you are.

11. David

I guess I owe you an apology for not allowing you the satisfaction of posting it's Bush's or Fox News' fault first, therefore making you the "a$$hat", huh?

12. Moen1305

Moen1305 Not Republican!

That doesn't even make sense...Well on this planet anyway. It may make sense on your planet though. I really couldn't say.

13. David

Well, well, well.....media reports from the scene indicate the riots, violence, looting, etc are the work of left wing extremists. Imagine that!

14. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

BS I dont know what reports you have been watching but that is not correct at all, the people involved in the were simply thugs/oppertunists who were out to grab what they could, this was not a politicaly motivated set of riots it was motivated by greed pure and simple, it had nothing to do with race, religion or politics They were sending texts etc to each other to come out and grab what you like join in the fun! (the son of one of my friends actualy got such a message)
    LOL to be honest most of those involved woudnt know the diffrence beteween a political madate and a portion of KFC
    the majority are unemployed youths and criminals (with police records) so far over 800 have been arrested here in London ranging fro 13 to 50 male and females

15. David

I have seen several reports with "people on the street" interviews and each one has had the interviewee making anti-conservative, anti-rich and pro-entitlement statements. Maybe your media doesn't want you to know this?

16. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

LOL ah it must be true then, all the media coverage and live interviews from the actual streets while the riots were in progress are lying :eek: a big conspiracy is under way then :rolleyes: Um whats your name again Tom?
    David I sat up all night watching the worst of the riots on TV, I seen the Brixton riots of the 80's at close quarters (and they were political) I seen the G20 riots (again political) I have seen 1st hand political riots here in London and these were not politicaly motivated they were motivated by the chance to get something for nothing and the thought that they would get away with it

17. David

Isn't this virtually the definition of a liberal?

18. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Clown Hater

What are the hooligans problems Steve, futbol season is right around the corner.

19. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

I will give the rich people their props...they rarely riot or loot.

3 people like this.
  20. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

I know football fans in this country have a very bad rep but Millwall fans took to the streets to protect there neighbourhood ! and these are the football fans who have a long history of violence and trouble needless to say No looting in that area LOL one of those in court yesterday was the daughter of a millionair another a teaching assistant another a Army recruit
    Part of the larger outbreak of rioting that took place was 2 miles away from were I live in a area called Woowlich Arsenal there they burnt down a pub and ransacked shops, the local council and goverment have litterely spent millions to improve the square in the center of the town, rebuilt the park added a giant screen so locals can watch live sporting events like the Olympics and they wrecked it :mad: there was also some trouble even closer when a small supermarket was attacked and they tried to steal the booze and cigaretts (yep real political motivation there)