Religion has no place in politics

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Themistokles480, Nov 10, 2012.

?

The establishment clause should be read

1. Strict Separation (church =! state)

83.3%
  2. Loose reading (church + state)

16.7%
  1. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

Well that's nice. Don't get me started on the Catholics though. THAT one is personal :)

2. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

Whatever the atheists did, it couldn't have been boring compared to a nativity scene. I'd say the atheists did the people of Santa Monica a favor.

3. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

The atheists didn't "take all the spots" in the Santa Monica Christmas displays, they won almost all of the spots in a lottery. I guess YHVH/Jesus/Holy Ghost was just too busy to stop the devil from rigging the draw, or something.

2 people like this.
  4. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

You're here five seconds and you swat the argument aside in one sentence.

Well done.

5. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Banners tacked to a 10x10 foot chain link cage? At least they could have put up a glow in the dark snowman.

6. The Goldeneye

The Goldeneye Member

What? I only saw one of those. The rest were small sign stuck in a bucket full of concrete.

7. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

That's all they had pictured at the Patheos site Recusant provided. I still don't get the chain link box. Maybe pink flamingos could have worked better. Hopefully the Druids will get a shot at it next year and they can do something cool with oak branches and mistletoe.

2 people like this.
  8. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

Atheists can be just as obnoxious as Christians in my opinion. I don't care what people want to believe in or not believe in as long as they keep it to themselves. I see no real difference between the religious crowd and the nonreligious crowd. They both seem absolutely convinced of their own moral certitude. A moral certitude simply requires a lesser degree of confidence in order to act in good conscience. I believe that they believe in what they are saying. It just stikes me as odd that they are willing to accept what they choose to believe based on a lesser degree of confidence and then start proselytizing their beliefs as if their threshold for belief should also be mine.

2 people like this.
  9. Toad

Toad New Member

If Religion has no room for Politics and Politics has no room for Religion, why is anyone making room for either? :rolleyes:

They are 2 of the primary means by which TPTB use to divide eWe the sHeep!e. ;)

Ribbit :cool:

10. MJuingong

MJuingong New Member

I've never believed a religion had the right to force its conceptual and ritual beliefs on others.
    But I consider that as regards interpersonal actions, people of a religion, if they can get enough people to agree, can set the rules.