Red State: Two of Trump's Big Lies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by L'Emmerdeur, Jun 8, 2017.

1. L'Emmerdeur

L'Emmerdeur Upright Member

Trump supporters are happy that Comey's prepared statement confirms that he told Trump that there was no investigation of Trump personally. If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it is, then are we to believe Comey was lying when he contradicted two other significant statements made by Trump?

'Comey May Have Confirmed Trump Is Not Under Investigation But Trump Was Caught Telling Two Big Lies'

"Here is what Comey said about the subject of Mike Flynn:

"The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, 'He is a good guy and has been through a lot.' He repeated that Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, 'I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."

"Trump’s problem? He denied this happened:

"President Trump on Thursday denied ever asking FBI Director James B. Comey to back off his agency’s investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, as well as into the role played by former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

"Asked whether he urged Comey to ease up on the Flynn investigation, Trump said at a news conference, 'No, no,' before ordering the media to move on to the 'next question.'"

"Then there was the question of loyalty. Comey said:

"A few moments later, the President said, 'I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.' I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed. We simply looked at each other in silence. The conversation then moved on, but he returned to the subject near the end of our dinner."

"Trump denied that as well:

"Donald Trump is denying recent reports that he asked for former FBI Director James Comey’s loyalty a few days after he was sworn in as president.

"Sources told ABC News that Trump posed the question to Comey more than once during a dinner in January and Comey would not promise such a thing to the new president, only that he would be honest.

"'I didn’t ask that question,' Trump said in an interview with Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro that aired Saturday night.

Trump, however, said it 'wouldn’t be a bad question to ask.'"
    So we have seemingly solid evidence that Trump was lying about a rather important discussion. Where are the 'tapes' that he was talking about?

2. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

Comey's testimony will not lead to Trump's impeachment but it is another nail in the coffin of the Trump regime. Trump will not be more careful in the future because he is completely naive about the job he is in. My hope is that this goes on and on until the entire GOP is dragged down with the Trump regime. Go Trump!

3. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

4. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member