President Trump Fires Acting Attorney General

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CoinOKC, Jan 30, 2017.

1. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC T R U M P 2 0 2 4

She certainly should be fired. Good riddance to this partisan, Obama-appointed hack.

Trump Fires Acting Attorney General

January 30, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump fired his acting attorney general on Monday after she defiantly refused to defend his immigration executive order, accusing the Democratic holdover of trying to obstruct his agenda for political reasons.

Taking action in an escalating crisis for his 10-day-old administration, Mr. Trump declared that Sally Q. Yates had “betrayed” the administration, the White House said in a statement.

The president appointed Dana J. Boente, United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to serve as acting attorney general until Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama is confirmed.

Ms. Yates’s decision confronted the president with a stinging challenge to his authority and laid bare a deep divide at the Justice Department, within the diplomatic corps and elsewhere in the government over the wisdom of his order.

“At present, I am not convinced that the defense of the executive order is consistent with these responsibilities, nor am I convinced that the executive order is lawful,” Ms. Yates wrote in a letter to Justice Department lawyers.

The extraordinary legal standoff capped a tumultuous day in which the White House confronted an outpouring of dissent over Mr. Trump’s temporary ban on entry visas for people from seven predominantly Muslim countries. Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, went so far as to warn State Department officials that they should leave their jobs if they did not agree with Mr. Trump’s agenda, after State Department officials circulated a so-called dissent memo on the order.

“These career bureaucrats have a problem with it?” Mr. Spicer said. “They should either get with the program or they can go.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/us/politics/trump-immigration-ban-memo.html?_r=0

2. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

Shades of Nixon.

3. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

There's no comparison whatsoever.

4. JoeNation
    No Mood

Funny, every pundit, commentator, legal expert, and journalist is comparing this to Nixon's Saturday night massacre. Wait for the mass firings to begin.

5. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

Sure, the lefties are no doubt. Please tell me what is unconstitutional about President Trump's order?

6. arizonaJack

arizonaJack Well-Known Member

Oh, this just keeps getting better. Enforce the F'in law or YOURE FIRED!!!!
    Liberal heads are popping. I love it!

CoinOKC likes this.
  7. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

It has a conservative basis.

toughcoins and CoinOKC like this.
  8. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

I'm loving it, too!

There's absolutely nothing unconstitutional about President Trump's order. A president deserves to be supported by his Attorney General for every constitutional order he makes. This former acting Attorney General (Yates) obviously was a hack who injected partisan politics into her job. This is exactly why our country rejected liberals and their one-sided view. Good fucking riddance to that stinking liberal.

9. rlm's cents
    Hot

Maybe that shows you how partisan the AG's office has been/become.

arizonaJack and CoinOKC like this.
  10. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Like I said a while back, if it's War you want, you really should be careful what you wish for.

:)

11. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

I love the added touch of press secretary sean spicer telling State Department personnel to quit, if they disagree with trump's agenda.

You know why that's so cute? Do you need a moment to think it over?

Still don't know?

Well, I'm not inclined to tell you why I think that's so damn funny. Still, I'll give you a hint. Read the following paragraph closely, and maybe you'll figure it out.

"Within 90 days of the date of this memorandum, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), in consultation with the Director of OPM, shall recommend a long-term plan to reduce the size of the Federal Government's workforce through attrition. This order shall expire upon implementation of the OMB plan."

Source: The White House, Presidential Memorandum Regarding The Hiring Freeze

I hope you picked your sides wisely, because it's about to get real ugly ....lol.... maybe even as ugly as me. ;)

12. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

Why do you care if there's a hiring freeze? It's not like you'd be applying for a job, loser.

CoinOKC likes this.
  13. JoeNation
    No Mood

image.jpeg

14. JoeNation
    No Mood

Trump's initial plan to just grab Sally Yates by the pussy had to be derailed by his staff who reportedly had to distracted Trump with his favorite Disney cartoon.

IQless1 likes this.
  15. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Don't be so thick . . . She deserved it.

16. rlm's cents
    Hot

I think she was lucky! She violated her oath of office and that is a chargeable offense - PERJURY!

17. JoeNation
    No Mood

Right. None idiots like you can see as far up Trump's ass as you are.

#MondayNightMassacre: Internet scalds Trump for firing ‘god damned American hero’ Sally Yates
    ELIZABETH PREZA
    30 JAN 2017 AT 22:22 ET

Donald Trump on Monday fired Acting Attorney General Sally Yates over her refusal to enforce Trump’s executive order restricting travel from several predominantly Muslim countries.

The move comes mere hours after it was reported that Yates told Justice Department lawyers not to defend Trump’s order, which the president signed on Friday to the chagrin of citizens and lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

NIXON.jpg

Yates was named deputy attorney general by former President Barack Obama and asked by the Trump administration to remain as acting head of the Justice Department by Trump pending Senate confirmation of Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL).

“@POTUS has named Dana Boente, US Attorney for the Eastern District of VA as Acting Attorney General,” White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer wrote Monday night. “Sally Yates has been relieved.”

In a statement, the White House said Yates “betrayed” the Trump administration with her decision.

“Ms. Yates is an Obama Administration appointee who is weak on borders and very weak on illegal immigration,” the White House said.

The move prompted observers to rail against the “fascist” undertones of Trump’s decision, with many using the hashtag #MondayNightMassacre to describe the events. The hashtag—which was trending on Twitter Monday night—is a clear allusion to Richard Nixon’s Saturday Night Massacre, wherein Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus resigned in protest after the former president demanded they fire a special prosecutor appointed to investigate the Watergate scandal.

18. rlm's cents
    Hot

I have no idea what your head is up, but you need to get it out and see the real world.

The President Trump order was ruled Constitutional by 2 different departments. She took an oath to uphold the Constitution and execute the duties of her office. She point blank refused. First she needed to be fired and second she should be charged with perjury.

Remember "Democrats hold lessons on how to talk to real people"? You really need to consider taking such. You are missing too much of the world.

19. JoeNation
    No Mood

Sally Yates Has Been Nominated For JFK Profile In Courage Award
    The award celebrates officials who choose the public interest over partisanship, “who do what is right, rather than what is expedient.”

Sally Yates took a stand for something she believed in, and one of her fellow Americans thanked her by nominating her for a prestigious award for public officials.

President Donald Trump fired the former acting attorney general on Monday night for refusing to defend his recent executive order suspending refugee resettlement and banning entry of individuals from seven predominantly Muslim countries.

Yates was fired after she advised Justice Department lawyers also not to defend Trump’s executive order. She wrote them a letter saying she wasn’t “convinced that the defense of the executive order is consistent with these responsibilities, nor am I convinced that the executive order is lawful.”

People around the country and the internet have come out to show their support for Yates, and the hashtags #ThankYouSally, #ThankYouSallyYates and #SallyYates were all trending on Twitter.

But one act of appreciation stands out above the rest.

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) tweeted out Tuesday afternoon that she had nominated Yates for the John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award.

Nominations are accepted on a rolling basis over the course of the year, and nominations for this year appear to close in mid-February. The award will be presented at a ceremony at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum in connection with the observance of Kennedy’s birthday on May 29.

What’s more is that you ― yes, you ― can also nominate Yates online if you’d like.

IQless1 likes this.
  20. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

"Democrats hold lessons on how to talk to real people" . . . ?

Are they kidding?

Democrats don't talk to real people . . . they only talk to each other.