Killing Sinners

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Takiji, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

The kid who shot and killed a high school classmate in Troutdale, OR a few days ago was, according to his diary, on a mission to kill sinners. What particular sin his victim was guilty of is at this point unknown.

The killer was a devout Mormon from a devout Mormon family and was very active in the Church. According to a church elder who knew him, he was very spiritual. And apparently he was also very anti-sin, the definition of sin presumably being provided to him by the Bible via his church.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Source-Reynolds-High-suspect-had-plan-to-kill-sinners--263099451.html

http://www.kgw.com/news/Mormon-elde...regarded-for-his-spirituality--262781811.html

2. Guy Medley

Guy Medley Well-Known Member

So his solution was a sin for a sin? This is the type of delusional cultish behavior that enforces my beliefs that religion is nothing more than organized hatred.

3. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

Bingo! That is pretty much their belief.

4. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

People kill other people for a lot of strange reasons, that's for sure.

5. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Zealots have always killed the unbelievers. We just make it easier by providing them with the weapons to do so.

6. c jay
    Brooding

c jay Well-Known Member

Like Rocks? Stoning is the classic.
    Religion isn't the only thing that brings out hatred. How is it that the woman who not more than 3 years ago, who hung the moon and stars, is now the great whore of Babylon, all on account of the simple act of boinking your best friend. Should we blame mating, perhaps outlaw it. More homicides are committed on account of that than by religious zealots. But we don't blame mating for it, or condemn the act of love for fear that it could degrees to hate. No ultimately, you find there is more good than harm.
    I'm not a big fan of religion, but sometimes I encourage it in others, especially if they are running a muck or overwhelmed with life issues. They runs some of the better homeless shelters, provide aid to war torn regions, and bring medical care to regions with out it. Fundamentalism and Mega-Churches, well that's different.

7. Guy Medley

Guy Medley Well-Known Member

Wait, cheating wives have been to blame for more homicides than say, the crusades, both world wars, the millions killed in genocidal rampaging in Asia and Africa? Wow. We should be extinct by now. lol

8. c jay
    Brooding

c jay Well-Known Member

If we want to compare the general to the specific, how many involved in crusades, world wars, and genocide were motivated more by love of country than faith. How many veterans returning from wars tell us that they did it to protect loved ones (aka their country) instead of god told me to do it. Love verse faith. Which is the greatest motivator. Crime of passion verses crime of faith.

9. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Obviously this is your own opinion and is backed up by diddly squat.

10. c jay
    Brooding

c jay Well-Known Member

More diddly squat...........

Cambodian's Marxist inspired killing fields ( 1 million dead)
    China's Great Leap Forward ( 45 million dead)
    Mien Kampf and other political rant touting the joys of eugenics (100 million dead)
    The purges of Stalin (50 million here)
    The Armenian holocaust ( half to 1 million)

And that's just in the last century. So how does this compare to Jihadist terrorist attacks and bombing abortion centers. It's more about politics, love of country or ones own gene pool than religion.

CoinOKC likes this.
  11. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

I am all good with killing sinners. All of them all the time. Anywhere they be.

Fortunately for me I am not religious in any way whatsoever, so I am immune from the concept of being a sinner.

Get back to me after the herd has thinned itself down.