Anita Dunn Resigns

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pepperoni, Nov 10, 2009.

1. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

Oh, I see..it was the wife that did it! Mao was a benevolent, thoughtful leader of men. It was the wife that terrorized the country for 30+ years & condemned tens of millions to their death. Glad you cleared that one up.

It's no wonder, when people post this crazy stuff as Danr does, how Obama was able to snooker so many into voting for him. In an earlier post someone made reference to appealling to the gullibility of the young. Sounds familiar. I think the Obama campaign was devious enough to take some of these other totalitarion examples one step further & include a greater portion of the population into their scheme- they used race, economic situation and more.

Kinda of makes you think, doesn't it?

2. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Yes she was very heavily involved in it Danr but to say he was out of it!! sorry but you realy are quite far off the mark.
    It began with a speach from the man himself on May 16, 1966
    He said and I quote "liberal bourgeois" elements were permeating the party and society at large and that they wanted to restore Capitalism. He then urged the Red guard (Chinese youth in the main)to remove these elements through pre-revolutionary class struggle and so started the cultural revolution.
    Now that Danr is historical fact not my view but cold hard fact.
    In 1981, the Chinese Comunist Party itself assigned chief responsibility to Mao Zedong, but also laid significant blame on Lin Biao and the Gang of Four for causing its worst excesses

3. Danr

Danr New Member

4. Danr

Danr New Member

Your comment reflects an appalling ignorance of history. It is difficult to believe that a person who is capable of forming sentences could have such a total lack of basic knowledge of history. You really ought to take a look at a book about Mao, or any simple book about 20th century Chinese history. Even a grade school book about China would help you get just the basics. Do yourself that favor before posting on this subject again.

5. Danr

Danr New Member

http://www.amazon.com/Private-Life-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258152031&sr=8-1
    This is a well written book that details the unfolding of those events. If you are really interested this is a great place to start.

6. tomcorona

tomcorona Anti republican truther

Ignorance seems to propel our society.

7. David

Rather than dubious links or veiled reference to his greatness, why don't you simply tell us all what there is about this Communist, mass-murdering tyrant that you find so appealing?

8. Danr

Danr New Member

I never said he was a great example of ethics or morals. The links I provided are for the most part books from Amazon.com, they are pretty mainstream books and certainly not "lefty" propaganda. His ability to think strategically was in fact beyond any other person before him or after him. He literally took about 6,000 guys (non-soldiers) and expelled the Japanese and took over the entirety of China , he did this by out thinking his enemy. There is no other person in history who has ever done anything close to this. There are many people in history who were at the right place at the right time, but in Mao's case he formed the circumstances, in other words if he were removed from the picture the communists would not have taken China and the Japanese would not have been expelled, he did that, it was completely and totally him. That being said he was not good at ruling, not at all. As for his positive contributions he always endeavored to give women equal rights and he brought literacy in China from about 5% to about 80%, we all know the bad stuff (and yes there is an extensive list of bad stuff).

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Danr I dont suppose you heard about the Russian Invasion of Manchuria? Soviets conquered Manchukuo, Mengjiang (inner Mongolia), northern Korea, southern Sakhalin, and the Kuril Islands that is what removed the Japanese precense from mainland china.
    Also have you possibly heard of the Komitung? and a certain Chiang Kai-shek?
    To say that Mao removed the Japanese from china is wrong, he played a part certainly but he was not some militery genius.
    Chiang Kai-shek big mistake was to trust Chang Hsüeh-liang (Manchurian warlord) who kidnaped him and forced him to agree to a united front with Mao (Look up the Xi'an Incident)

10. Danr

Danr New Member

"
    During the Sino-Japanese War, Mao Zedong's strategies were opposed by both Chiang Kai-shek and the United States. The US regarded Chiang as an important ally, able to help shorten the war by engaging the Japanese occupiers in China. Chiang, in contrast, sought to build the ROC army for the certain conflict with Mao's communist forces after the end of World War II.
    "

Chaing did not engage the Japanese, Mao did. Show me where the komitung successfully engaged the Japanese (except for the brief time when the KMT worked for the red army). Guerrilla and makeshift resistance were the successful element there and that is Mao's strength.

11. Pepperoni

Pepperoni New Member

Danr;
    Your really wrong and should quit talking about things you care little to understand.
    There are no atheists in a "fox hole".

12. tomcorona

tomcorona Anti republican truther

Except maybe the Fox hole created by Rupert Murdoch.

13. Danr

Danr New Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War
    Read through this to get a little background on the topic, once you are up to speed then contribute.

14. David

Still defending this monster? There's a special place in hell for people like Mao...and those who defend his actions

15. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Try looking at the defence of Shanghai, while it was not a victory Danr it proved to the world that Japan coudnt win. Then look at the building of the Burma road from the chinese side.

The 1st battle in the 2nd sino Japanese conflict won by the Chinese was the Battle of Taierzhuang and then they had aid from the Russians in the form of The Soviet Volunteer Group basicly a arm of the Russian Air force.
    The Battle of Wuhan while won by the Japanese was what one could call a Phyric victory it took them 4 months to win!! and that was a campaign commanded by Chiang directly again they had the aid of the Russian Air Force.
    Then the next Chinese victory Battle of Suixian-Zaoyang again Nationalists followed by the 1st Battle of Changsha (Nationalist), Battle of South Guangxi (Nationalist), Battle of Kunlun Pass (Desisive Nationalist Victory), all this was followed by the 1939/40 Winter offensive which ended in a draw but with the ballance in favour of China again (Nationalist)
    The 1st real Communist Chinese victory was won in 1940 by Peng Dehuai (He led the Chinese in korea as well and was purged during the cultural revolution for critizising Mao) and it was called Hundred Regiments Offensive

Now Danr would you like me to continue?

Central Hupei Operation
    Battle of South Henan
    Western Hopei Operation
    Battle of Shanggao
    2nd Battle of Changsha
    3rd Battle of Changsha (Big Chinese victory)
    Battle of Yenangyaung (Allied/Nationalist victory)
    Zhejiang-Jiangxi Campaign
    Szechwan Invasion (Chiang Kai-shek Commanded)
    Battle of West Hubei
    Battle of Changde
    Battle of West Hunan (Aided heavily by the flying Tigers)
    2nd Guangxi Campaign

All the above were led and controlled by Nationalist officers with the exception of Yenangyaung

Now Danr can you list for me the major victories that were associated with the Red guard, led by Mao?
    Yes they fought a gurrilla campaign I am not denying this but as to Chiang Kai-shek never fighting the Japanese utter rubbish

16. Danr

Danr New Member

"
    Chiang was caught between the communists and the Japanese, and focused on defeating his Chinese political rivals. In 1936 he was subjected to an abortive coup, which the Communists extricated him from in exchange for promises to fight the Japanese. Mao Zedong was getting money and supplies from the Soviet Union in response to the anti-comitern pact.

"
    http://www.worldwar2database.com/html/china.htm

You are really stretching to make your point. Chaing never wanted to fight the Japanese. Mao forced him into it. It was only after Mao forced Chiang that any good thing happened. If you call those victories Chaing's you are really stretching. Also the Russians were helping Mao not China, those victories fall to Mao. Basically all of those victories fall to Mao.

17. David

.....and he is responsible for tens of millions deaths. Deaths of innocent people that he felt were a threat to him and his control. In fact, he is probably the biggest mass murderer in world history, right?
    Some role model danr, some role model.

18. Danr

Danr New Member

Those people died of famine. I have already mentioned that. That is not to say that he was faultless in that famine, but he did not actively kill those people and those who died were not his political enemies. Were you under the impression that he killed "10's of millions" by actively killing his political enemies?:confused:
    Some died in the Cultural Revolution but that is a much smaller number (less than we killed in the Vietnam war).

19. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Name me one single victory led by Mao Danr, just 1 or name me One major victory that was fought mainly by Communist troops or genrals, again just one (other than that I have mentioned!)
    You have stated that Mao was a brilliant stratagist and that he threw the Japanese out of China that the Nationalists never won a battle Now back your words up with facts.
    The Nationalist bled themselfs dry fighting the Japanese Danr now you try to disprove it, give me facts and figures of Mao's great stratargies
    2 of the above battles were fought with Russian aid!! the rest were fought by Chinese Nationalist troops what more proof do you want!
    Now again Name the great victories earned by Mao???
    And explain to me how you credit Nationalist victories to Mao who was holed up in the Yenan Province.
    If you can not accept the historical facts as the truth then I see no point in continuing the discussion

Ps just read your rather amusing link to a potted history of the conflict, you realy do need to try reading a bit more before making such sweeping statements based on that.
    Also try reading Mao's little Red book LOL

20. David

They died on his watch.