Your local beer

Discussion in 'Chatter' started by Jake, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

As a Scot pretty much new arrived , i found the beer weak...piss poor actually.
    Id appreciate thoughts on that , its like..why bother

Local beer is Yuenglings and its ok but usual weak kneed pisswater , where does a guy get a decent pint in this place ?

2. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Simple return to Scotland at regular intervals to refill the Beer vat strapped to the roof of your car :D

3. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

I need to get me one of those bigass oldsmobiles , you could rent out the trunk to a family of "insert chosen race here" in one of those..ridiculously large car.

4. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Please dont say P%**$ or I will have to report you to myself

5. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

Gotta wipe my eyes after that one...that got me :)

Even after a year i run on UK time..weird or what..

6. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

Lol!

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney ¿Quien sabes?

You fools hae not drunk a brew until you have had Baltika Ekstra.

8. arizonaJack

arizonaJack Well-Known Member

My beer of choice is Sam Adams Lager, when having a cigar I'll prefer a stout amber ale.

9. craig a

craig a New Member

That mud you serve across the pond could hardly be called beer.

10. scottishmoney

That weak stuff you drink probably has more in common with fresh loo water.:eek:

11. Jake

Jake Just a Dude

I think thats really just an old throwback streotype Craig , most beer in the UK is actually very good.Strong too.
    Another myth is that its served lukewarm , couldnt be further from the truth.
    There were a few brands that would qualify for muck but they didnt last long , Kestral lager was one of them , 13% proof , stronger than some wines.
    The super lagers were pretty nasty until after your first one.

12. Stu Joe

Stu Joe New Member

I like a beer with some taste. Warsteiner probably most often. There are some Sam Adams I like and some from Boulevard. Occasionally I will get a hankerin' for some Guinness or a black and tan. I rarely drink the Bud or Miller or similar stuff.

13. David

David Proud Enemy of Hillary

Abita!!!

14. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

When drinking "cheap" yes it's a nasty old Miller Genuine Draft. Unfortunately it's usally cheap.:(

However I will spurge on occasion. A Sam Adams is nice - have a 12 pack sitting on the counter that a coworker bought me for Christmas.

I do like my beer cold. VERY cold. I generally keep it in an ice filled cooler actually.

Others that I will enjoy on occasion are Bass Ale, Leinenekugel's Berry Weiss or the occasional Pilsner Urquell.
    Been quite a while since I had a black and tan but a lovely combination IMHO.

One that I haven't seen in some time and would really like one is a Pauliner Weiss. So crisp and clean.

15. craig a

craig a New Member

Wow. I knew one of you would defend that swill they drink over there. Chillax, man. It was a joke. On the other hand; I'd rather drink good old USA p!ss beer (P.B.R.) than anything you you guys boil up. Pete's sake you and your buddies south of ya couldnt even beat up a tiny country like Germany. God bless Anheuser-Busch!

16. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Ah dont worry Craig we just wont share any of it with your uneducated taste buds :D
    Now me I like a nice pint of Porter or a rather aptly named pint of Black Death (only served in Hastings during the May Day festivities :D )

17. scottishmoney

Dang - if you were near here I have 5 of them that I would gladly let you have. It was one of the worst beers I have had in years.

18. scottishmoney

Whackies? My beers of choice are either Czech or Russian.

19. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Never tried Russian beer, Vodka yes :D

20. scottishmoney

Vodka there is like nothing in the west, it is much much better.