'We are armed and nearby your house': Ex-sheriff's sergeant arrested after threatening congressman's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FryDaddyJr, Jan 26, 2021.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

On Tuesday, The Daily Beast reported that federal authorities have arrested Robert Lemke, a former Air Force captain and sheriff's sergeant who allegedly sent threatening messages to the family of Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY), the fourth-ranking member of the House Democratic leadership.

"Your brother is putting your entire family at risk with his lies and other words," said Lemke in a text message, according to federal prosecutors. "We are armed and nearby your house ... we are not white supremacists. Most of us are active/retired law enforcement or military." According to the report, Lemke also sent threats to a relative of ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos, saying, "We are nearby armed and ready."

The criminal complaint also notes that Lemke's Facebook cover photo was a picture of Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the St. Louis couple who brandished guns at George Floyd protesters and went on to speak at the 2020 Republican National Convention. The McCloskeys were later indicted for unlawful use of a weapon and tampering with evidence.

Threats to federal politicians lives have exploded in recent weeks, with the most prominent example being the deadly invasion of the U.S. Capitol, where armed supporters of former President Donald Trump tried to hunt down members of Congress and chanted "Hang Mike Pence!"

https://www.rawstory.com/were-armed-near-your-house/

2. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

The tenor of the dialog has simply got to deescalate. Somebody has got to be man enough to begin to douse these flames. The finger pointing and dialog has simply got to end.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  3. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

I don't know about the finger pointing if people are pointing at people like this guy. They should be spotlighted and brightly. They are dangerous idiots. We need to expose them before they can do more harm. They are as delusional as they come.

4. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

It is precisely rhetoric that makes people like this dangerous.

5. JoeNation
    Angelic

I think you have that backwards.

To be more specific, there are consequences to these types of threats and one of them, a rather minor one, is that people are going to call for you to face the consequences of your threats. People like me. There has to be consequences for this behavior. You can't realistically suggest that the response to these threats is to refrain from criticizing these people else they might end up getting crazier. I think the lack of consequences is more likely to spur people like this on.

There has to be consequences. You can only shove your head in the sand so far.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  6. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Ask yourself a question. How many terrorist has the US created because we failed to understand them and backed them into a corner? Then scale it down to a human level and ask yourself, how many have you created.

7. JoeNation
    Angelic

So let me see if I have your line of reasoning correct here. All of the rhetoric you two level at BLM and ANTIFA only made them more dangerous and because we failed to understand them, we backed them into a corner? So I have to ask, which one of us has created more BLM and ANTIFA members? By your logic, that would be you two.

8. c jay
    Amused

c jay Well-Known Member

Of course, it works both ways. People are people. I don't demonize BLM, although I believe that they have been fed a false narrative. ANTIFA seems to be spoiled college kids, mostly white, who love to hurt people and break things for the love of an incoherent political philosophy. Keep call people racist and Nazis and they will become everything you want them to be.

9. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

the old over inflated boogey man meme known as antifa. already proven as such in several threads <yawn>