Trump and Republicans Help Banks Fight Off People They Cheat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Recusant, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Yeah, Trump is really the champion of everyday people against the big money interests. I don't know how anybody believed that a self-proclaimed billionaire who was infamous for screwing over workers and not paying small businesses would actually fight against big money--it was a hyuge, hyuge lie, one of the biggest lies ever.

"Republicans Just Caved to the Big Banks and Exposed Trump’s Sham Populism" | The New Yorker

Nothing is going to change the delusions of Trump supporters. He can do no wrong in their eyes.

IQless1 and JoeNation like this.
  2. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

His supporters are morons. They know a kindred soul when they meet one. They have a special connection albeit a connection of general ignorance about everything. When all is said and done, they will simply blame the Democrats for the situation they themselves created because then they don't have to take any personal responsibility for their own ignorance. Look at Bill O'Reilly. When he is caught dead to rights sexually harassing Fox bimbos, he blames God. Now he feels all better. It must be someone else's fault.

3. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Perhaps ignorance does explain the behavior of a large percentage of Trump supporters. Others simply agree with his agenda because it's close to their own. Then we have people like Jeff Flake, who thinks Trump is icky, but is in almost complete agreement with what Trump is doing.

4. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

I truly believe that they are too damn dumb to have an agenda. That would require forethought and planning. The driving force in their lives is probably something like an "Our team vs. their team" mentality with little to no knowledge of the minutia of any issue they are rooting for. If you are guilty of anything, it is giving these yahoos way too much credit.

5. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

In the "our team" element I think you could include those who either consciously or otherwise think of immigrants (specifically immigrants with differently colored skin) as inimical to their 'team.' Many of these people also consider pretty much anybody with differently colored skin to be inimical, no matter if their ancestors were in the US long before those of many in the 'team.'

Since Trump routinely went far beyond dog-whistle signaling of this xenophobic mindset and continues to do so, he's their man regardless of anything else he does or says. I don't think all of the Trump supporters who fall into this category are consciously racist but many of them certainly are, and their agenda, such as it is, doesn't have much room for nuance or consideration of anything else going on in the US.