This Failing Presidency is EXACTLY What the Left Predicted

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Jul 29, 2017.

1. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

I'm sure that if the unholy trinity ever decided to return here, they would never admit that we were 100% correct when we told them that Trump was unqualified to serve as POTUS. He straight up lied them them and us but the difference is that we knew all along that he was full of shit. They bought his lies hook, line, and sinker.

Have any of the Trump supporters if your life, assuming of course, shown any regret so far? I have nephew that had never voted before the last election. He is a big Trump supporter about 40 years old. We've had a few words over FB and I've kept it cordial because I love my nephew but he is completely convinced that he is right and Trump is the best thing since sliced bread. I saw him at my sister's house recently and he is unwilling to even talk to me about anything because he knows that if he brings up Trump, he'll get his ass handed to him in record time.

I tell him that if I need a wall built or some other construction job preformed, I would definitely bow to his superior skills in that area. However, a kid who finished third in his class of about 500 kids, third from the bottom that is, and has never had a day of education since, isn't exactly the kind of person that is going to make an educated informed decision when it comes to politics. This is my way of countering his argument that liberals think that they are better than everyone else.

I always wondered where new republicans came from and I have come to the idea that they come from a lack of education and an extremely defensive attitude, some might say stubborn. Facts and reality mean nothing to these people. Their time to become educated has passed and they resent anyone that is educated. Another lost generation.

2. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

Trump kicked ass among white people. If we are looking at demographics, that is the key one. Trump did okay among the disaffected, the left behind, the lower middle class, and the poor. But, actually, among people making less than $50,000 per year, Clinton did a bit better. Interestingly, though, Trump beat Clinton by a small margin among voters making over $50,000 a year.

But it's when you break it down by race that you really see what's going on. Blacks went overwhelmingly for Clinton, and Clinton took Latinos and Asians by a substantial margin. Trump, for his part, took the white vote, hands down, no questions asked. Economics played a role in this election, but it looks to me like the key factor was race and a huge number of white people feeling threatened by the way they see America evolving.

And I think events since Trump's election have born this view out. It's open season on anyone who is not white, not straight, or not Christian. There will be few Trump supporters who will apologize, because most of them have nothing to apologize for. Trump has done exactly what they hoped he would do, which is to give them enough courage to say what they have long felt and to act out in ways that they have long wanted to.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37922587

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/white-voters-victory-donald-trump-exit-polls

3. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser