There is a book called Arguing with Idiots. Let me explain...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by What U ignore, Sep 25, 2022.

1. What U ignore

What U ignore Well-Known Member

The title should have been Arguing with Ignorant People because I don't consider anyone who can go to the bathroom and wipe themselves to be an idiot.

Just in case we have two or three of them here, I'd like to explain what they do and why they should be ignored after a few attempts to discuss differing opinions. You cannot change most uninformed people because they "know" the truth. Therefore arguing about anything goes like this:

I write, "Biden was acused of inappropriate sex acts with a Congressional staffer." An ignorant person responds like this: "Prove it." or "Well, Trump has done inappropriate things to women too." In the first case, which is common knowledge to any informed person, you give out the name of his accuser! That is enough info for even a lazy, closed-minded person to learn what happened. In the second case, the weasel little Troll tries to change the subject or worse yet, does not engage further. That is a worthless poster and after several attemps to engage them, Block them. They have proved themselves to be worthless.

A discussion with an informed poster may go like this. Someone starts a thread: "TRUMP IS A WOMANIZER!"

Here is one possible reply of an informed, useful member of this forum that may lead to more engagement: "Yes, I have heard that. I don't know (or I do know) of a specific case but you are probably correct. Where there is smoke their is fire. I believe that most powerful men have the morals od an ally cat."

I started a CHALLENGE thread yesterday trying to draw members closer together. We must have something in common that we can agree on. Nevertheless, not one on topic reply. THAT'S EXACTLY what the book is about. :D

Mopar Dude likes this.
  2. freshmeat

freshmeat Can't touch this

3. What U ignore

Excellent. You prove the book is correct!

CoinOKC likes this.
  4. freshmeat

Or perhaps I'm not in the mood to suffer fools by 'Arguing with Ignorant People'

5. What U ignore

Mood? Like PMS? Depression? PSD? So very, very sad. :( Quit your malarky and post something worthwhile. Ask me a question and I'll show you what an educated man does when asked a dirrect question.

6. freshmeat

If you were traveling at the speed of light and turned on your headlights, what happens?

7. What U ignore

If I'm traveling at the speed of light, my headlights would be in front of the vehicle. I would not be able to see the headlights. Additionally, I would not see any light from them in front of their lens.

Please tell me the correct answer if I am incorrect.

8. freshmeat

9. What U ignore

freshmeat, posted: "Fail"

I have no idea who the hobo is. He looks like a genius.

Now, that you are engaging, there is one more thing you might do for me and the others here who are not "book smart." Will you please provide the correct answer to your quiz as I originally asked? I did not bother to research your question on the Internet before I answered as that might make me LOOK SMARTER than I really am.

You see, the only guys I knew in collage that cheated were liberal, progressive democrats, Communists, and Marxists who looked very similar to your genius friend. ;)

PS @freshmeat I just realized that YOU GOT ME! An EDUCATED MAN would have looked up the answer! :D

The correct answer is nothing would happen except I would now have headlights in front of me as my vehicle traveled at the speed of light. I just cheated. :(

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    CoinOKC likes this.
  10. What U ignore

@freshmeat

What is the correct answer to the speed of light question?

11. Profiler

Profiler Well-Known Member

The speed of light is a constant and it is impossible for anyone (presently) to reach. The best would be .99c. Therefore the headlights would still be faster than than someone could travel, regardless of the effects on the human body, and not getting too far into the weeds. This question is akin to “ if a tree falls in the forest….“ and is a question typically proposed by pseudo intellectuals to seem superior. Now if someone wanted to go down Einsteins theory of relativity, an argument can be made.

12. freshmeat

Well according to Steve ....

13. Profiler

Profiler Well-Known Member

Says Bill….

14. freshmeat

man will never travel at the speed of light.

15. What U ignore

freshmeat, posted: "man :oops: [M] will never travel at the speed of light."

So what? You have been ducking. my direct question to you.

Please Focus: You asked me to answer this question" If you were traveling at the speed of light and turned on your headlights, what happens?

I failed. I tried again with another answer and asked you what the correct answer is.

I'll ask again.
    What is the correct answer to your question?
    Thanks in advance?

16. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

The hubris of so many of the best-educated wreaks of elitism, as if having their Ivy League sheepskins qualifies them alone to decide for others, or even makes them right at all.

Education is worthless if not applied with wisdom and / or perspective.

In his effort to belittle you @What U ignore with the headlights question, Princeton may find his own hubris embarrassing.

Hey there Princeton . . . I’m your Huckleberry.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    CoinOKC likes this.
  17. What U ignore

Thanks, but I confident in my own skin. Now, I just want the genius to tell me the correct answer.

How about it @freshmeat? DID I GET THE CORRECT ANSWER the second time AFTER I LOOKED IT UP?
    That's something an educated man would have done in the first place. Now it's your move.

Answer or: Chomp, Chomp, Dodge, Duck, Bite the Head off the Knight and crap all over the chess board and this thread. :D

18. freshmeat

Chomp this: Primates are a diverse order of mammals. They are divided into the strepsirrhines, which include the lemurs, galagos, and lorisids, and the haplorhines, which include the tarsiers and the simians ( monkeys, apes and humans ).

Feeling better?

What U ignore likes this.