Texas restaurant kicks out family because they were wearing masks to protect at-risk infant

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FryDaddyJr, Sep 19, 2021.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

wow, how low the right has sank

A Texas restaurant required a family to remove their masks even though the couple's 4-month-old infant is immunocompromised.

Natalie Wester told KTVT that the incident occurred while she was dining with her husband at Hang Time restaurant in Rowlett.

Wester said that they chose to wear masks even though they are vaccinated to protect the health of their 4-month-old son.

“Our waitress came over, sat down next to me and said, 'Our manager told me to come over because I am nicer than he is… But this is political and I need you to take your masks off,'" Wester recalled.

The owner of the business, who identified himself as "Tom," defended the no-mask policy.

“I have spent my money on the business, my blood sweat and tears in this business, and I don't want masks in here," he explained. “So when they put their masks on the other night, they were reminded that at the front to take it off. They didn't want to, and so we asked them to leave."

2. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Well-Known Member

But the child was not wearing a mask.
    So the only preventing of viral spread was from the family.

AKA, their masks were useless in this case.

Plus, everyone knows you can't spread covid if you're sitting down.

3. FryDaddyJr

It doesn't sound like they had the baby with them.

They just didn't want to bring the virus home to the baby.

if this is OK, then don't you dare whine about being told to wear one by the owner.

4. StankyBoy

I don't have to because I'm vaccinated with natural immunity on top.
    Got it. Makes sense then

5. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

So that sucks the restaurant did that, but I would also not be risking dining in at restaurants at all if I had an immunocompromised infant at home. I mean, even before covid that's not a great idea.

Mopar Dude, StankyBoy and FryDaddyJr like this.
  6. FryDaddyJr

eating out rarely makes sense from a financial standpoint or a health standpoint

StankyBoy likes this.
  7. FryDaddyJr

why can't the couple practice their freedom to wear a mask?

8. StankyBoy

because mask wearers isn't a protected class
    Political affiliation isn't either.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  9. FryDaddyJr

So freedoms only count if they're your personal ones?
    "I built this business with my own blood and sweat, underwear isn't allowed."

Yes, it DOES sound that stupid

10. FryDaddyJr

here's another review upload_2021-9-19_17-36-28.png

11. StankyBoy

Think about a gay wedding cake

I say that baker shouldn't be forced to take the business. obviously he doesn't need the money that bad. He has to deal with the consequences of that decision. This restaurant is doing the same thing, really.

If it means the local area boycotts his restaurant, then so be it. Doesn't bother me any.

12. StankyBoy

Yep, makes him an ass but like I said
    Deal with the consequences of your own actions. Same with vaccine status, no one else's fault, you brought it upon yourself.

If the public doesn't like his restaurant, so be it.

13. Profiler
    Inspired

Profiler Well-Known Member

Many Banks won’t allow you to wear hoodies, ball caps, and sunglasses. Ever read a sign that says No shirt, No shoes, No service?

Mopar Dude and StankyBoy like this.
  14. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

I'm a type 1 diabetic. This guy thinks I shouldn't go out in public?

It's not contagious like Covid.

15. StankyBoy

It’s something called personal risk assessment. I can’t speak for your health but if you’re truly that at risk.. then why would you risk it.

there’s plenty of delivery options, family members who could help, and more.

16. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

I haven't eaten out since Covid started. Rarely do anyway and yes I have done carry out.

I love to cook as it is and have no real need for restaurants. What I DO need is ingredients.

It's the "if she's so sick she shouldn't go out in public" line that got me. People with type 1 diabetes are not some type of mutants.

I just got back from the farmer's market. I always wear a mask and carry hand sanitizer.

FryDaddyJr and StankyBoy like this.
  17. StankyBoy

I would never purposely suggest that. My apologies if it seemed that way. :(

clembo likes this.
  18. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

No problem. You made some valid points.

It really was the "if she's so sick she shouldn't go out in public" line that teed me off.

StankyBoy likes this.
  19. yakpoo
    Cynical

yakpoo Well-Known Member

This story is a total invention. No one in Texas would do such a thing.

20. FryDaddyJr

you forgot the sarcasm emoji