Some thoughts on the Senate impeachment trial

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnHamilton, Dec 18, 2019.

1. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Active Member

No one yet knows how the Senate Republicans are going to handle the impeachment trial. One school of thought says that it should be quick with few if any witnesses. Others say it should go longer with a full disclosure of the facts.

If it were to go longer, I think that the time has come to subpoena the whistleblower and force him to appear. If you are going to make charges that the President of the United States should be removed from office, you should have the courage to come before the American people and state your case. If you don’t, then you don’t amount to much. You are just a puppet of the Democrat Party and member in good standing with the swamp creatures who are ruining this country. It’s time for this coward to come out of the shadows.

The other people who need to be summoned are Joe Biden and his son, Hunter. It’s time see if this whole scheme to pay him millions of dollars to be on the board of a Ukrainian energy company was, in fact, money laundering. The Federal Government pays billions of dollars to a corrupt Ukrainian Government in exchange for a Ukrainian payment of millions of dollars to Hunter. It sounds like a good deal for the Ukrainians, and it’s time to clear the air about it.

Adam Schiff is another individual who needs to be called to testify. How many rules did he break while he was running his secret star chamber investigation with the deck stacked in his favor? If he is guilty of wrong doing, he should pay the price.

After two years of hell with the phony Mauler investigation and another six months if this divisive, crooked impeachment farce, it’s time for the perpetrators to pay the penalty.

2. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

What an utter load of crap. On Sunday Mitch McConnell said that he would essentially let Trump’s legal team dictate the Senate Republican’s position on what a trial should look like.

On Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., dismissed the impeachment process against President Trump as a political proceeding rather than a judicial one.

"I'm not an impartial juror. This is a political process. There's not anything judicial about it," McConnell told reporters on Tuesday. "

Again on Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell rejected calls from Senate Minirity Leader Chuck Schumer to allow witnesses at an expected Senate impeachment trial of President Donald Trump.

"We don't create impeachments," McConnell said on the Senate floor. "We judge them."

So REALLY? "NOBODY KNOWS HOW THE SENATE REPUBLICANS ARE GOING TO HANDLE THE IMPEACHMENT TRIAL"????????

Based on McConnell's own words, they are going to continue the practice of ignoring documented evidence, the testimony of 17 credible witnesses, and the transcript that Trump himself released. Give me a break. I have said all along that the Republican Senate will never convict Trump of anything regardless of the evidence. They have no respect for their oath of office, only to their own jobs.

3. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

The lines are drawn, Joe. You are the one who writes crap. You are not interested in the fact that Hunter Biden collected millions from job for which he was not qualified. You won't even address the subject. That's because you are afraid of the results.

You can take your BS and sell it to somebody else.

4. JoeNation
    Angelic

I asked you what exactly you and the Right-wing Conspiracy Machine were accusing Hunter Biden of and all I got was crickets. So BS! None of you idiots have even read the transcript of the Ukrainian call but proclaimed Trump innocent anyway. Pull your heads out of your collective Arses and stop sucking on Trump's and read the damn transcript.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6aGvwUxj98kvj5oA2A5I2H

5. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

The trial will be short and sweet. Not because the Republicans want to dismiss the thing so much as it is that our lawmakers too have an election coming up in eleven months. And 90% of the average hard working Americans that vote them into office are sick to death of this unending lynch mob. We want to see our lawmakers working and are darned sick of this. And they know it. They need to show something of substance to their constituents before November........ Some of us remember how the Clinton witch hunt went for the conservatives in 1996. You can bet our lawmakers remember it as well.

JohnHamilton likes this.
  6. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

You still have not answered the question as why Hunter Biden was paid all of that money. You go deaf when the tape of his daddie bragging about how he held up payments to Ukraine is played. All you do is fail to respond to direct issues. It's the way politicians react to bad news.

But what should we expect?

The lines are drawn. You are on one side; I am on the other.

All you are here to do is make people angry and play your bully card. That ass kissing comment was unfair and uncalled for, but it typical of how you operate.

7. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

Yes, the Democrats will pay for this at the polls, and they deserve to. They are like the Labor Party in England. They have lost touch with working people and are hell bent push the needle to the left as much as possible.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  8. JoeNation
    Angelic

I have answered the Biden questions. He was a lawyer and a lobbyist. They get paid a lot on money when they advise foreign governments. How is this unusual? You ignored that in the past and when I asked what was illegal here, again crickets. Just more conspiracy nonsense.

You were kissing ass. There is a "Like" button that the rest of us use. There is no need to post a comment when there is already a like button unless you really want to get deep into the ass kissing. Which you did.

9. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

Can you link to which post you have previously stated your position on the Biden accusation?

10. JoeNation
    Angelic

This was one of the times I posted it. It was ignored in favor of more conspiracy theory nonsense. And of course more personal attacks.

http://www.partisanlines.com/thread...ine-i-thought-id-never-see.51281/#post-270983

Here is the entire post:

This is what Hunter Biden is professionally and what he did for Burisma Holdings:
    Robert Hunter Biden is an American lawyer and lobbyist who is the second son of former U.S. Vice President Joe Biden. He is a partner at Rosemont Seneca Partners, an international consulting firm.

Biden served on the board of Burisma Holdings, a major Ukrainian natural gas producer, from 2014 to 2019. In 2019, President Donald Trump claimed that Joe Biden had sought the dismissal of a Ukrainian prosecutor in order to protect Hunter Biden, although extensive press reporting and the Ukrainian government have found no evidence to support the claim. The investigation into Burisma only pertained to events happening before Hunter Biden joined the company. There was also no other evidence produced of wrongdoing by the Bidens. Trump's alleged attempt to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate the Bidens by withholding foreign aid triggered an impeachment inquiry against Trump in September 2019.

I keep hearing this accusation that he must have done something wrong because nobody would pay someone with Biden’s qualifications 50K a month to sit on their Board. The truth is that he is a partner in an international consulting firm and a lobbyist. Lobbyists and lawyers tend to make lots of money. So if all you have is innuendos and zero proof of any wrong doing, you come off sounding pretty ridiculous parroting idiotic debunked Right-wing conspiracy theories. Put up or shut up as they say.

CoinBlazer likes this.
  11. CoinBlazer

And can you provide your source of this information?

JoeNation likes this.
  12. JoeNation
    Angelic

Which part?

13. JoeNation
    Angelic

In the spirit of the holiday and the impeachment...

impeachment day.jpg

14. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

It is highly unusual when you have been busted for cocaine twice and got run out of the Navy for doing it. That would disqualify most people from getting a job like that. Even Hunter Biden admitted that he probably would not have gotten the job if his name had been “Hunter Smith.”

Added to that is the fact that your father happens to be the sitting vice president of the United States who has been given the responsibility for administering the foreign policy for the Ukraine. That might be enough to justify an investigation for normal people, but when your dad is in a high place, strings can be pulled.

15. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

What else would you expect from a Kampus like Joe?

That's real knee splapper, Joe. It shows that hate that burns in your black heart. The Grinch is a saint compared to you. You even want to turn Christmas into a poltical show ... sick.

16. CoinBlazer

Are you one of those people the republicans are accusing of having joy and pride for the removal of a duly elected president?

17. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

Even Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff pay lip service to the gravity of the decision that they must make and how they are getting no pleasure from it.

But for Joenation it’s candy in his Christmas stocking.

18. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

I think you fellows are taking him too seriously.

JoeNation and CoinBlazer like this.
  19. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

No, I take him very seriously. Until he backs off, it’s war. He’s gone too far. I can’t take any of his outrageous statements as a joke because his historical predecessors were deadly serious. He is a radical leftist who wants to seize everything you have worked and saved for in your entire life.

20. JoeNation
    Angelic

Coming-after-your-wife's-pension-now!