So It Is Done

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mopar Dude, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

Just got the kids down and got a brief scan of the news... The president is acquitted. I am neither prideful nor boastful. I only hope to make one appeal. Can we please put this behind us and get on with doing something productive please?

SmalltownMN and JohnHamilton like this.
  2. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN Member

Amen to that, Randy.

JohnHamilton and Mopar Dude like this.
  3. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

I don't know what will happen moving forward. If I had to guess, I'd say more of the same from both sides.

I have realized one thing though. Taking the oath of office and swearing to uphold the law, the Constitution is really no more than a joke with no real honorable intentions. I guess it is appropriately spoken while placing one hand on a bible.

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

4. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Active Member

And thank goodness it is done. The sad part is that the Democrats will impeach Trump again if he is re-elected, and they hold their majority in the House. I don't think that they will be dumb enough to try it again before the election, because all the last impeachment did was increase Trump's approval ratings.

5. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN Member

What cooked up charges would they bring in new articles if they went down the impeachment path again? From what I have read and known from existing laws, they cannot bring the same articles forth a second time.

6. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Active Member

They will invent something.

The two they used this time were illegitimate. A president has an obligation to check for corruption if he believes that the money appropriated will be misused. He not obliged to throw taxpayers’ money away to foreign criminals.

He also has the right claim executive privilege. If the House thinks they have case to get information, they must go to court to get it. A president can’t discuss policy or review top secret information which is essential to our national security, without the house demanding to see it, his hands would be tied. That’s why there is a separation of powers.

If the Democrats were honest about why they think Trump should be impeached and removed, they would indict him for winning the 2016 presidential election. That is their real issue.

7. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!