Question for longtime members.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by What U ignore, Sep 27, 2022.

1. What U ignore

What U ignore Well-Known Member

I have asked direct questions to these three members (@JoeNation, @freshmeat, @GeneWright) concerning the topic of the OP's thread. This is not the first time I have not received any answers. My questions have been simple to answer by any member who is informed about the politics of the last few years. Has anyone else had the same NON-ENGAGEMENT from these members or any other member?

Here is a typical question I have asked that has not been answered: Do you believe a POTUS should be banned from posting on twitter? Unless you are brain dead, scared to reply, or ignorant, you know this happened ONCE.

Now that these three have been made aware this happened once, they may answer in this thread. While we wait and see if they carry around an opinion as we all do, what do you think?

I think a place like twitter should be very happy to have ANY IMPORTANT PERSON posting on their site along with the rest of us. Therefore, IMO, twitter made a very bad choice :( by banning the POTUS.

2. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC T R U M P - 2 0 2 4

I'll throw my two cents in, if I may.

Twitter is a private company. They can ban people at will.

Now, the question is SHOULD they ban a president? No, I don't believe they should. Democrat or Republican, the man or woman should have a voice and a connection to the nation. Twitter provides such a connection in much the same way as radio and television.

However, regarding a question of CAN they ban a president? Indeed they can and they certainly did and may do so again. It's their prerogative.

Speech is not guaranteed in a private establishment, e.g., Twitter. I'm an advocate of free, unfettered speech in public, but Twitter may do as they want. For example, this very forum is a private enterprise and the owner may ban anyone at any time. No different than Twitter.

Mopar Dude and What U ignore like this.
  3. What U ignore

CoinOKC, posted: "...Twitter is a private company. They can ban people at will.

Now, the question is SHOULD they ban a president? No, I don't believe they should. Democrat or Republican, the man or woman should have a voice and a connection to the nation. Twitter provides such a connection in much the same way as radio and television.

However, regarding a question of CAN they ban a president? Indeed they can and they certainly did and may do so again. It's their prerogative.

Speech is not guaranteed in a private establishment, e.g., Twitter. I'm an advocate of free, unfettered speech in public, but Twitter may do as they want. For example, this very forum is a private enterprise and the owner may ban anyone at any time. No different than Twitter."

It took a lot of qualifications to answer but at least you did. That's the way it is now when posting what should be an easy yes or no answer. As for the rest of your comments, I thought everyone knew that Twitter was private (Just as this forum) and they can do anything they wish (Just as this forum). I appreciate you adding that for any ignorant folks posting here.

CoinOKC likes this.
  4. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Should they? No, I do not believe so. As I recall their justification was that they felt Mr. Trumps comments were polarizing. Same as any liberal would say on this or any other forum. From where I sit, the hate speech I have been hearing emanating from the left, particularly in Mr. Biden’s speech from the crypt are as polarizing as anything ever spoken from the high office of president. However, every liberal worth his salt will support the destructive verbiage as fully justified. And you can bet that a left leaning platform such as Twitter will do the same…. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and hate speech is in the mind of the listener but it will always be fully embraced by its sycophants. Two sides of the same coin that sadly are not equal in these looney times.

CoinOKC likes this.
  5. What U ignore

When I was growing up, you could say anything about anyone or anything. WHAT CAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH defined you. I wish I could write all the names I was called and all the things that came out of my mouth also. ;)

I SEE SOME OF THE REGULAR POSTERS STLL HAVE NOT REPLIED. I LOVE IT!!:D

CoinOKC likes this.
  6. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Just got off work.

Should they ban a President? If Biden's dumb enough to tweet the things he says into a microphone . . . absolutely!

CoinOKC and Mopar Dude like this.
  7. What U ignore

I see the usual "Americans" we must deal with here still have not posted. I'm going to enjoy :D asking this inoffensive question each time they post.

CoinOKC likes this.