Prolific News Hoaxer RIP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Recusant, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Ever wonder where the "all those demonstrators were PAID, PAID, I say!!!" line of bullshit came from? It was started by a guy that made his living disseminating false stories that were almost entirely created to rile up gullible red-blooded Americans. He just died, but his legacy will live on.

"Internationally infamous fake-news writer Paul Horner dies in Phoenix" | AZCentral

2. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

His legacy will live on... because, whether he's alive or dead, republicans are going to continue to believe his bs.

3. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Yep. I think most of our erstwhile Republican members (where'd they get to, anyway, and why aren't they still here thumping their chests and crowing about what a spectacular job the fathead mountebank is doing? what did you guys to to them?) regularly repeated the 'paid protesters' malarkey.

I expect that Alex Jones knows that Mr. Horner was killed by the Clintons.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  4. IQless1
    Blah

I'm pretty sure at least one went to politicalforum. I don't have an active account there, but I go there occasionally to gauge how twisted the issues get (the answer: a lot, a hell of a lot of wild tangent bs and alternative theories.... basically like what it used to be like here, when conservative republicans posted, but with a somewhat larger group dynamic), and a week or so ago I saw a newbie chime in on a thread and they mentioned a "liberal" site that died off recently, and I'm assuming they meant this one. I could be wrong, but a couple of the pieces fit well enough.

5. IQless1
    Blah

I'm sure the republican/so-called conservative responses are diverse. Where some promote the bs, but know it's false, others do so but believe it's true. Same with their audience, some probably don't really believe much of the bs, but see them as victories for their cause where others, most likely a large percentage, are true believers and are euphoric that republicans have control of the government, no matter what their leaders do.

One things they all have in common is that they want republican victories. Some may not be enjoying the carnival aspect of their parties leadership, but still support their leaders where others are more enthusiastic about how insane it's gotten.

What is certain is that fake stories are now a part of our political culture to such a degree that there is little chance of it being removed from the political process. True, fake stories and other propaganda have been utilized quite well for some time, but the internet has created a unique opportunity for the average asshat to throw whatever bs they create around to see what sticks and what doesn't, where before that sort of thing was left to political and governmental groups.

So, I expect the bs, fake stories to continue, no matter how much effort is put into halting them.

6. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

I'm sure he spawned a whole lot of other BS disciples.

7. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

Hey! Where is everyone??? No fun if it's all one sided here. Don't slam me here. I am still 100% Trump supporting. I've been working, and now I'm not. I hope everyone is okay. What happened?

How come no posts about the Las Vegas shooting??

8. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

I'm not sure what happened, myself. All the rabid right-wingers have disappeared. Perhaps the bad taste that defending the ridiculous blowhard narcissist creep left in their mouths got to them. I guess the only reason JoeNation came here is to fight with them, and now that they've left, he's not interested, but that's a guess as I say. IQless1 and I seem to be the only ones who still stop by relatively regularly. Then there's the fruit-loop katsung47.

. . .

What can anyone say about the Las Vegas shooting? The Trump team have told us "NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO TALK ABOUT GUN CONTROL." It wasn't the time to talk about it when 20 children and 6 adults were massacred at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. It will never ever be the time. That's how it goes. Las Vegas was more of the same, just on a larger scale. Remember, it's the "price of FREEDOM."

"One mass shooting every day: Seven facts about gun violence in America" | The Telegraph

[​IMG]

The "prep and pray" crowd are angry that politicians are talking about regulating bump-fire accessories. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. Either way, it's irrelevant to the fact that mass shootings are now commonplace in the United States, and that isn't going to change any time in the foreseeable future. Hurrah for the NRA.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  9. IQless1
    Blah

After rlmcent's passed (earlier this year), the rest of your group dissolved, stopped posting.

And yet I slam you ~ You suck lol

Many reasons, the most significant is that neither your side nor ours has anyone here to push their specific agenda. By that I mean that Joe doesn't come here much, and therefore hasn't posted an argument for gun control and your side has no one to post a counter-argument.

From my personal point of view, I view the shooting as the result of a populous that cares more about having the right to own and use guns meant for war than they care about mass murders caused by that right.

In any case, and although you suck, it's good to hear from you lol

10. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

This is the first time anyone has ever told me 'you suck' , and for some reason, you've made me laugh!

IQless1 likes this.