Pro-Life Lawmaker Asks Woman To Have An Abortion After Having An Affair With Her

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IQless1, Oct 3, 2017.

1. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.), who has been an anti-abortion advocate, may have suggested that a woman he had an extra-marital affair with have an abortion, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

The Post-Gazette obtained a text sent from the woman to Murphy saying the lawmaker had suggested she have an abortion during a pregnancy scare. The woman turned out not to be pregnant at the time.

"And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," she texted Murphy on Jan. 25, according to the Post-Gazette.

"I get what you say about my March for life messages. I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will,” read a response sent from Murphy’s phone.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote that the text messages, which showed Murphy's cell phone number, were among a series of documents it had obtained such as emails, phone records and court documents.

Murphy publicly admitted to the affair last month.

Source.

2. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Well he ain't the first Republican who's used public opposition to abortion as a means of gaining votes while privately advocating abortion for his own convenience.

3. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

True, and at least he resigned... but then again, he was going to quit in 2018 anyway, so it's not like it will harm the republican party much. It's just seems like a recurring theme.

4. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

Swamp material. Bad man.

5. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Many politicians advocate for political policies they themselves do not believe in. If your supporters want something, they elect you to give it to them. They expect you to give voice to the party line. Many prolife politians would never have an abortion but they champion other people's prolife causes just the same. It's sort of like hiring a lawyer. The lawyer defends you regardless of their personal beliefs about your criminal charges. I think expecting honesty from any elected official is a ship that sailed long ago. It might even be quaintly naive to expect such moral behavior in this day and age.

LucyRay likes this.