Pamela Karlan and her undeniable bias

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CoinBlazer, Dec 5, 2019.

1. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

The Stanford Law School professor who sparked backlash from the White House Wednesday after invoking the president’s minor son during the first day of the House Judiciary Committee’s impeachment inquiry previously stated that she once crossed the street just to avoid passing one of President Trump's hotels.
    Pamela Karlan, who was one of three witnesses who testified before the committee on Wednesday, told a 2017 American Constitution Society panel that she couldn’t stomach walking past the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.

“I came in from the airport yesterday and I got off the bus from Dulles down at L’Enfant Plaza and I walked up to the hotel and as I was walking past what used to be the old post office building and is now Trump hotel,"
    Karlan told an audience in 2017. “I had to cross the street, of course.”

Fellow panelist Neil Siegel asked: “Are you staying there?”

“God, no! Never!” Karlan responded.

Such a disappointment that this person is considered a credible source of information in this impeachment.

2. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

I will concede that she clearly does not like Trump but that in no way discounts her expert Constitutional legal knowledge. I would say that most intelligent women dislike Trump but that doesn't make their professional opinions worthless. It means that they dare to have opinions and at the same time being women. The audacity!

3. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

This is how a mature adult handles an obvious mistake.

Karlan said:

"I want to apologize for what I said earlier about the president's son. It was wrong of me to do that. I wish the President would apologize, obviously, for the things that he has done that's wrong but I do regret having said that."

As far as the President's refusal to apologize, Karlan is right.

Despite his numerous gaffes, outright lies, and belligerent comments to lawmakers and journalists, the President has not posted a tweet with the words "i apologize" or "I'm sorry. The President has tweeted over 46,000 times in ten years.

The few times the President has apologized on camera or in interviews—most notably for the devastating "grab her by the p---y" tape—these apologies are qualified by blaming others or diminishing the impact of his actions.