New Years Predictions

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CoinBlazer, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:51 AM.

1. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

With 2019 coming to a close, I would like to propose a question...
    What political events will happen in 2020?
    I would like for you to propose what you see most likely happening in 2020, who will win what nomination, what sort of economic situation would we be facing, what world events will happen.
    I would like for you to consider what you think will happen not what you want to happen.

2. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN New Member

Politically, I think in 2020 the Democratic party will continue to stumble over their two left feet on way to a Trump reelection.

Economically, I think we will see more of the same with the stock market setting new records and plenty of jobs for those that want to work. I'm seeing pre-election jitters already in my own workplace, with customers not wanting to buy new equipment, but instead fixing the old stuff that they have. I predict 2020 will be another somewhat stagnant year for the business I'm in except for in the aftermarket side of things.

The only thing worldwide, that truly scares me, is North Korea......... I don't have any predictions for that.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  3. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Predictions are a funny thing made up of 99% wishful thinking and 1% actual insight. Forecasts, unlike predictions, base the probability of something occurring on known variables that have an established relationship to an outcome at a future date.

If you’re looking for predictions, you might as well just ask people what they hope happens in the future, because they sure as hell don’t have any kind of actual knowledge. However, it does make us feel good in the short-term to believe that we really know what will happen and that the world in on some kind of rails rather than just hurling forward in some chaotic cataclysmic eventuality.

What will happen in 2020? I have absolutely no idea and neither does anyone else. That is as honest an answer as you’ll ever get even if it makes you feel uncomfortable to hear it. What do I hope happens? The nightmare that is Trump comes to an end. The economy doesn’t fall off of a cliff. And the world doesn’t burn alongside the rise of authoritarians like Erdoğan, Duterte, Bolsonaro, and the rest. We’ll see.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019 at 2:59 PM
    Mopar Dude likes this.
  4. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

I'm more concerned about Iran rather than NK. Trump got KJU to sit down, shut up and quit acting like a baby. Iran, on the other hand, is violating sanction policies and UN peacekeeping resolutions

5. JoeNation
    Angelic

Can you list any consessions Trump got from NK? Any whatsoever?

6. JoeNation
    Angelic

And then there is this news. Just lovely. I'm sure that it is another love letter for Trump. Or possibly another missile launch.

North Korea warns US to prepare for 'Christmas gift,' but no one's sure what to expect

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/04/asia/north-korea-christmas-gift-kim-jong-un-intl-hnk/index.html