Nancy Pelosi Leads Democrats in Blocking Covet-19 Aid Package

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JohnHamilton, Mar 24, 2020.

1. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Well-Known Member

It looked like the Senate had deal on the Covet-19 aid package, which is designed to help American workers get through this crisis. Chuck Schumer said that there was a deal, and that they were close to a vote on Saturday night.
    But then Nancy Pelosi announced that she had her bill in the House. Was this bill designed to help struggling workers more after losing their paychecks? No. It was loaded with Democrat agenda items. Here is a partial list:
    1. Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance
    2. Bailing out all current debt of postal service
    3. Required early voting
    4. Required same day voter registration
    5. 10k bailout for student loans
    6. For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers
    7. Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining
    8. Full offset of airline emissions by 2025
    9. Greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights
    10. Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
    11. $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance
    12. Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance
    After Pelosi announced this Democrat wish list, the Senate bill was put on hold. The negotiations continue now delaying aid those who are out of work through no fault of their own, all because a powerful old woman from a safe seat in California has decided to attach a bunch of related Democrat pork to the bill.

According this the news this morning, the following items are still sticking points in the Senate:

- Addiitonal funding for the Kennedy Center.
    - Required same day voter rigistration
    - Wind and solar pannel tax credits

I have long been angered by this tactic. Provisions that have nothing to do with the issue at hand get crammed into a popular bill so that some narrow interest gets what they want. Now old lady Pelosi is playing with people’s lives so that she can get her pet projects.

The Congress can stick garbage like this in a popular bill, and the President has little choice, but to sign it if it passes in this form. Unfortunately there is no line item veto, which should be in my option.

All Americans should be made aware of what Pelosi is doing. All Americans should realize that when they vote for a Democrat Congressional candidate in their district, that they are voting for Nancy Pelosi.

There is no way that Nancy Pelosi will ever be voted out of office in her district. Only death or a retirement can rid us of her evil presence. The only way to de-fang her partially is to vote out the Democrat majority in the House. If that happens, there is an outside chance that she might retire. Her replacement will probably as bad as she is, but at least she will be gone.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN Active Member

And yet there are so many that still don't get why Donald Trump was elected.

3. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

The day I believe Breitbart and Tom Cotton you can sell me the Brooklyn Bridge.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  4. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

Yes, well your party is telling the American worker to go to hell in this really rough period.

You either know perfectly well what they are doing, or your are taking your usual dose of Democrat weed. Polosi's actions are out there if you want to read about them.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/2...oposes-1400-pages-of-progressive-pipe-dreams/

As for the Brooklyn Bridge, you bought it years ago when you voted for Hillary Clinton.

5. JoeNation
    Angelic

How are you?

6. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

No problem. At home, going out as little as possible. The post office yesterday to sent stuff to my locked down 91 year old father in law among others, the food market the day before, home all day today. Food store early tomorrow, which is supposed to be senior hour. We’ll see how much they have out.

Thanks for asking. ;)

And you?

7. JoeNation
    Angelic

Just fine. Talking to friends and family. Working from home to keep busy. Getting to know my dog's daily routine. I feel like I have retired.

I could get used to this.

FryDaddyJr and Mopar Dude like this.
  8. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN Active Member

They are creatures of habit just like us. Funny how they get used to our habits and kind of build their own around ours. My wife tells me that most days our animals get up from wherever they are and go down into the entry way because they know I'm coming home soon. If I'm late, the one will sit down there until I get home.

9. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I had a very old blind beagle years ago when my work schedule was anything but routine. My wife never figured out how every day about five minutes before I got home, he would get up out of my easy chair and go wait at the door. Dogs are amazing.

toughcoins and SmalltownMN like this.
  10. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Active Member

I love all the gas I'm saving and not having an alarm go off

11. Mopar Dude

Real go-getter, huh?

12. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Active Member

me? I've been doing the work of three people due to the rest of the dept getting laid off.

you can get your foot out of your mouth now

13. Mopar Dude

I’ll remind you. On your first day I did offer you the opportunity to concede and save yourself the humility of being run through in a verbal joust. And should that confuse you, I can rephrase with smaller words if you so desire.

14. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Active Member

If you used any simpler diction it would be all clicks and squeaks.

15. Mopar Dude

A wise man once said.... “A young man that is not a liberal has no heart and a grown man that is not conservative has no head”..... How old did you say that you are?

toughcoins likes this.
  16. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Active Member

so you didn't say it.

17. Mopar Dude

Not originally. Fix your spell checker. It would go a long way toward lending credence to your childish insults.

18. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Active Member

You're mumbling. I told you to take your foot out of your mouth.

19. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

He’s a college graduate, who couldn’t get a job, who is living in his daddy’s basement. That’s where his user name got stated. He can’t believe that what he learned in college about history and politics is totally useless.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  20. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Active Member

My daddy's dead. My mother lives in the house that I pay for. open mouth insert foot.