My Intro

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mr. Rhombus, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Mr. Rhombus

Mr. Rhombus New Member

Well, after the history forum that I'm on (Historum) banned the discussion of contemporary politics, we were redirected to this "sister site" which is owned by the same guy. Since this site is set up for the discussion of politics, and the sites are owned by the same person, I don't really see much wrong with it. I've seen a few other Historum members join here, which does make me fell a bit more comfortable coming on here (for some reason I get nervous when joining new forums), but I'll get used to the site's users pretty quickly.

I live in the southeastern US, and my username comes from an inside joke from high-school math class (it's a long and not very amusing story...at least not to anyone who wasn't there).

Now, since this is a political debate site, I guess I ought to give a rough idea as to what I'm for when it comes to politics:

I'm a self-described libertarian, who believes that a mostly laissez-faire capitalist system (with a few necessary regulations) is likely the best economic system that humanity will ever have. I also (roughly) believe that the government's role in society should basically be to protect the nation's borders (which does not include policing the middle east), making sure that the civil liberties of its citizens are not curbed, and to keep our economic freedoms intact. However, it is my personal belief that such a government will never truly exist (Utopian governments never do), because the state, in my opinion, exists solely for the preservation of the state, and will do whatever it takes to survive.

So, that's basically my intro, and I hope that my joining this forum works out well.

2. rlm's cents
    Hot

rlm's cents Well-Known Member

Welcome to the nut house. From the sounds of things, you will be arguing with everyone here. Good luck!

3. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Hello and welcome to Partisan Lines, Mr. Rhombus. I don't think that we ever actually discussed politics at the other site. Since my participation in political discussions there largely consisted of questioning sources and/or disputing what I considered to be dubious interpretations of the Constitution of the US, I must have found little to quibble with in your posts there. On the other hand, as I said in my own intro post here, I generally disagree with the course that libertarians would like to chart (though I didn't say it so politely). ;) (I see in the future that most contemporary libertarians envisage a variation of Orwell's "boot stomping a human face": Many, many (corporate) boots stomping a human face.) Anyway, it's nice to see another member of Historum testing the turbulent waters of Partisan Lines.

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

4. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :D

5. PTD
    Fiendish

PTD Administrator Moderator

Nice to see you over here. :)

6. CoinOKC
    Yeehaw

CoinOKC Donald Trump For President In 2020

Welcome, Mr. Rhombus! Here's to some lively political discussions!

7. Mr. Rhombus

Mr. Rhombus New Member

Well, if someone has to be the token libertarian, I may as well be that guy.

8. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

I was going to begin by using an old SNL line involving ignorance and promiscuity but I figured it probably would have been deleted by the mods before you had a chance to read it...

...so, "welcome".

(to the mods) ...Was that better? :rolleyes:

Anyway, there's more than just politics here... there's also religion, World events, and chatter... which is a lot like politics but with slightly less yawning.

Oh, and Republicans suck. Just thought I'd mention that. ;)

9. Andy

Andy New Member

I hate obama

2 people like this.
  10. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum