It's Just the Blue States . . .

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Recusant, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

No thread yet to catalog the excuses for the despicable actions of the White House in ditching the national testing plan that was being developed. Members of the Kushner & Co effort believed the effects of the virus would mostly be confined to states with Democratic administrations, so they thought it politically advantageous to drop the plan.

Might as well pull out the the faithful "LIES! ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE!!" schtick too, while we're at it.

"How Jared Kushner’s Secret Testing Plan 'Went Poof Into Thin Air'" | Vanity Fair

2. JoeNation
    No Mood

JoeNation The ReichWing Abuser

Republicans are truly the most despicable pieces of crap on earth.

3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Nope. I won’t sit down for this. I am a registered Republican. How is this any different than saying all African-Americans are uneducated or all women belong in the kitchen... All musicians are addicted to drugs... All Mexican Americans are gang members.... All southerners are hillbilly’s.... I have heard them all and I am a bit shocked to hear these words come from you, Joe... How about we practice a little bit of what we preach here..... I have chosen to lay low here for a bit because I am truly disheartened by the current course of our nation and I owe it to my family to distance myself from this kind of visceral hatred for a bit. But I can’t let this slide. You are better than that and our nation is better than that. The only way we will rise above this terrible divide is to stop with this kind of labeled hatred.

4. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

Hmm, while I see your point about it being unconstructive and overly generalized, I can also understand emotions running high at the news thousands of Americans were allowed to die for political advantage. I'd also like to add that it differs from many (not all) of the examples you gave because republicanism is a choice, and you can choose to leave if you find the actions of the party perhaps are not in line with your sense of morality.

That may be the crux of the generalization as well. There's a certain complicity (personal responsibility, if you will) for the actions of elected officials if one continues to support or vote for them.

5. Mopar Dude

I have to say. Most of your posts show that you have wisdom far beyond your years on this planet. I hope you have your goals set high. This old world needs clear thinkers like you.

GeneWright and JoeNation like this.
  6. JoeNation
    No Mood

Relax Randy. It is as good as any broad generalization gets. Republicans support Donald Trump at a rate of 85-90%. You may feel like you should be an exception to my broad generalization, and you may be, but that would also make you the exception, not the rule given what a clear majority of Republicans support. So when I say something so broadly generalized, I'm clearly referring to the 85-90% of Republicans.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  7. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

I'll step up to the plate and foul a few off against the backstop and such. In no particular order--

"Respect for states' rights is very important to the president." Stinks of the Lost Cause, but OK. Except for all the examples of the current administration disregarding states' rights, at least it isn't absolutely irrelevant.

"Dr. Birx told us it was going away." Again, not completely outlandish, except Dr. Birx isn't the only person on the planet with the knowledge and experience to provide an authoritative answer. In fact, several of the prominent epidemiologists and scientists roundly contradicted Dr. Birx at the time. Even her cast-mate Dr. Fauci was expressing concern that basing decisions on such optimistic predictions was the wrong way to go.

"The president believed Dr. Birx, and decided to scuttle the program." This one is cutting a little too close to the truth for my liking. However, there's another reason to discard it, though the wise heads in the White House may not consider it as damning as people in the real world might. It indicates that the president made a decision that beyond doubt resulted in the needless deaths of Americans, based not on a consensus view of the relevant experts, but on taking the option that was most optimistic.

If I'm getting ready to take a flight with a paraglider somebody is letting me try and they tell me "I'm pretty sure the lines and canopy are in decent shape," I'm going to stop right there and reconsider the situation. My decision regarding how to proceed just became complicated by considerations of my own mortality and the possible repercussions of taking that flight that have been revealed.

The leader of a country, when confronted with a global pandemic, should consider the possible repercussions of dismissing the less cheerful predictions made by credible scientists, I'd think. Neglecting to do so and failing to act accordingly seems to me unpardonably irresponsible. Your mileage may vary.

How many is that, two? Perhaps two and a half, which is nearly "a few" in my reckoning. This is fun and all, but now I think I'll withdraw to consider the benefits of amber restoratives, and observe the efforts of the more worthy.

8. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN All I can do is shake my head....

I too find myself coming in here less and less for the same reason.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  9. JoeNation
    No Mood

The Truth?

10. JoeNation
    No Mood

11. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

The crickets are having a good year.

GeneWright likes this.
  12. JoeNation
    No Mood

The crickets have been so outgunned trying to defend their fearless leader, that they prefer to hide behind the ignore feature rather than face the truth about their idiotic support for the orange ass monkey. The buffoon is talking again and the shit he is saying is world class crappola. If I were them, I'd be hiding too. They must be so embarrassed and ashamed.

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  13. Mopar Dude

Ever had two kids that just wouldn't stop? He did it!.. No, He did it!!... On an on it goes until you throw your hands up in frustration and walk away leaving them to their own devices? It's rather what this has deteriorated to, really. Name calling, ridicule, etc... What's the point? Absolutely nothing of substance is being deliberated here. Nothing..... I am on the record as defending the man's economy and I will continue to do so. But participating in this? Not a chance...... And if this is representative of our nations future under democratic leadership, I truly fear for our future.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    SmalltownMN likes this.
  14. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN All I can do is shake my head....

This. You nailed it, Randy. I will give no more of my time or patience to things that happen here with the way it has been going.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  15. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Oh, to be above it all.

JoeNation likes this.
  16. JoeNation
    No Mood

I have to be honest. I have never had two kids that behaved that way. I think the parents have failed when kids reach that point.

17. Mopar Dude

It wouldn't be all that hard, really. Implementation of some old fashioned common courtesy would bridge these ever widening gaps.

18. Mopar Dude

Based upon that then please tell me.... Who has failed when adults act this way?

SmalltownMN likes this.
  19. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Have I ever been rude to you? I've responded to ankle-biting from the rough and tough right wing terriers here by laughing it off while pointing out the lack of evidence and inherent failures of reason in said ankle-biting.

If you're implying that I should in some way be more respectful of the incompetent grifters in the White House and their willing accomplices in Congress, I will decline.

20. Mopar Dude

Not at all...... It seems to be the expected method of communication between left and right these days. My comment was not directed at you. It is directed at the entire gamut of political gamesmanship in the 21st century. It astounds me that the most civilized nation in the most civilized era in our history can accomplish absolutely nothing of substance due to the continual petty bickering. If I don't perform at work, I don't get paid. However our leaders are not held to such standards unless we hold them to those standards. Yet we cannot seem to do any better than them.