If This Does End Soon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mopar Dude, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

Based upon what I was able to glean this past weekend, it appears the impeachment trial may potentially end this week. If this does end, are there more scandals to be debated ahead or can we count on our lawmakers to get some work done these next nine months?

2. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Trump will be embolden by his acquittal from the do-nothing GOP Senate accessories to the trashing of our Republic. He WILL move on to bigger and better crimes. You can count on it. They will look the other way.

We are truly in a tail wagging the dog situation now.

3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

OK... But aside from all the partisan speaking points, can our lawmakers put their partisan bickering aside to get something useful done if we get this thing behind us?

4. JoeNation
    Angelic

Of course not! What country do you think you live in? :)

Mopar Dude likes this.
  5. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

Darn you.... That made me laugh out loud....

JoeNation likes this.
  6. JoeNation
    Angelic

I seriously believe that we are in for more partisanship because there is nothing left at this point. The truth is under attack, the GOP is running scared, and Trump owns them all. Look at what is happening to Romney just for having the audacity to voting to call witnesses at a trial.

7. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Short answer: no.

Senate Majority Leader McConnell has no interest in letting the US Senate fulfil its duties beyond confirming a parade of Federalist Society judges whose main qualification is ideological (we've seen several whose actual legal qualifications are nearly nonexistent). As has been pointed out more than once on this site, McConnell has a formidable stack of bills (400, more or less) that have passed the House sitting on his desk which he has been steadfastly ignoring. There is no reason to expect that in the months before the election, he's going to change his policy of refusing to bring bills up in the Senate.