I was amazed by the size of the crowd supporting impeachment last night

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JoeNation, Dec 18, 2019.

1. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

Here was this crowd of dozens and dozens of people holding up signs and yelling pro-impeachment slogans and across the street was one lonely old man holding a Trump sign. I kind of felt sorry for him.

2. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

I wouldn't conclude that dozens and dozens of pro-impeachment, and 1 pro-Trump supporter exactly correlates to the nations position on the matter

3. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

We found him on the web and paid him.

JoeNation and CoinBlazer like this.
  4. JoeNation
    Angelic

It did in my town.

5. JoeNation
    Angelic

He looked like a true believer. I think you may have wasted your money. :)

Mopar Dude and CoinBlazer like this.
  6. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

I wouldn't conclude that Anti and Pro-Trump support in your town exactly correlates to the nations position on the matter

JoeNation and Mopar Dude like this.
  7. JoeNation
    Angelic

"The Nation" isn't able to express its opinion, only people can do that. If you are saying that the Nation as a whole is neither pro nor anti-Trump, I can believe that. And I do not think that my town is representative of the rest of the country and I certainly didn't mean to imply as much. I just thought it was kind of interesting driving around last night and coming upon this demonstration. I guess that they happened all over the country at the same time. Some of them were huge, others in little towns like mine, not so huge but still fun to see and historical. Given your age, this is likely your first impeachment. In the good old days they used to impeach you for having an extramarital affair. Those were the days. Sex, dress stains, and cigars. Good times.

8. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Active Member

Well, the thing is..... The nations voting base is currently at work by and large. If you want to feel the pulse of the nation, you have to find yourself at everyone's evening dinner table..... This thing will play out. It has no choice. But the ramifications will be heard quite clearly come November. I saw this play out before.

9. JoeNation
    Angelic

Many commentators over the past few months have said that a repeat of the backlash the Republicans got from their Clinton impeachment is unlikely because Clinton was a popular president with high approval ratings throughout the proceedings. Trump isn't in that same position with his approval ratings. Heck, Nixon had higher approval ratings than Trump during his impeachment process. I don't fear a backlash this time. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm willing to risk it.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  10. JoeNation
    Angelic

I thought that this was a very nonpartisan poll from C-Span.

C-Span.JPG