How Do Blanks Kill Anyone?

Discussion in 'Chatter' started by yakpoo, Oct 22, 2021.

1. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

Associated Press
    Prop firearm fired by Alec Baldwin kills one, wounds another on movie set
    Last Updated: Oct. 22, 2021 at 12:09 a.m. ET
    First Published: Oct. 21, 2021 at 9:52 p.m. ET

SANTA FE, N.M. — A prop firearm discharged by veteran actor Alec Baldwin, who is starring and producing a Western movie, killed his director of photography and injured the director Thursday at the movie set outside Santa Fe, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said.

Sheriff’s officials said Halyna Hutchins, director of photography for the movie “Rust,” and director Joel Souza were shot.

Hutchins, 42, was airlifted to University of New Mexico Hospital, where she was pronounced dead by medical personnel, authorities said.

Souza, 48, was taken by ambulance to Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, where he’s undergoing treatment for his injuries.

Production has been halted on the film.

A spokesperson for Baldwin said there was an accident on the set involving the misfire of a prop gun with blanks.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/1...exico-movie-set-01634867536?mod=mw_latestnews

2. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

3. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Active Member

Alec Baldwin has officially killed more people than Trump

yakpoo likes this.
  4. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

Lol...and Dick Cheney, too.

ddddd and StankyBoy like this.
  5. ddddd

ddddd Well-Known Member

I’m waiting until he finds a way to blame this on Trump.

yakpoo and StankyBoy like this.
  6. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Active Member

You're right :eek:

ddddd likes this.
  7. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Active Member

8. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

What Is a Prop Gun and How Can It Fire Deadly Shots
    Shooting involving Alec Baldwin prompts questions

https://www.wsj.com/articles/prop-gun-what-alec-baldwin-11634922660

This explains how a prop gun shooting blanks can harm someone...but two people? No details offered. I would like to know how many shots were fired. I mean...if you have one person bleeding out on the ground, why continue the scene? Way too many unanswered questions for a news story.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  9. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

Everyone probably knows by now, but the "armorer" loaded live rounds into the gun. So now the new question is..."Why were live rounds allowed anywhere near the set? ...let alone put into the prop gun?".

10. StankyBoy

StankyBoy Active Member

From what I read it sounds like she was a diversity hire.

Nicholas Cage once got hwr kicked off of set after there were shots fired without warning.
    I don’t remember who but someone said “a 24 year old woman has no place as an ‘experienced’ armorer’” or something like that, and this person had worked with her.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    yakpoo likes this.
  11. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

Am I the only one wondering who she slept with to get the job?

[​IMG]

12. charley

charley Well-Known Member

I tend to agree that someone test-shot a Load on that hire decision....

yakpoo likes this.
  13. charley

We need a T-Shirt. Maybe 2.

14. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Seems I heard the gun was misloaded. I am not quite sure how the victims were directors on the set and not other actors. If you are having a gunfight scene or what have you, aren’t you shooting in the direction of your nemesis rather than the directors chair? Makes me think Baldwin was horsing around with the fire arm.

15. charley

The Sherriff's report stated Mr. Baldwin was practicing a "fast draw" at the time, while there was a break, and was doing so facing the camera. I assume this was a Kennedy-type u-turn bullet.

He further stated there was a supply of of 500+ Blanks in the box, with some wads and a few live Rounds were found.
    I am thinking along your line of enquiry: somebody may not like somebody else.

yakpoo and Mopar Dude like this.
  16. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

What I fear will happen is that this accident will be held as an example of why the left needs to protect us all from our firearms. Any rube knows that any firearm is to be handled as though it is loaded and deadly. And a confirmed horses ass of a man that disregards that simple rule needs to face the music. Not be used as a reason to protect the rest of us from our firearms. We aren’t all pompous horses asses and we understand respecting our firearms.

yakpoo likes this.
  17. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

To quote a famous DC politician...

[​IMG]

Mopar Dude likes this.
  18. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

The MSM seems to be purposely obscuring the facts. Baldwin is also the "producer" of he film. He's responsible to see that the safety protocols are followed. Fox News is the only outlet accurately reporting the story...

Mopar Dude likes this.
  19. yakpoo
    Amused

yakpoo Well-Known Member

It's just a matter of time before we hear that an "unidentified Trump supporter" put the live rounds in the gun. After all, isn't it a CNN cameraman who's in jail for threatening to kill Matt Gaetz and his family. These movie folks are a squirrelly bunch.

"According to the indictment, Huelsman allegedly said, "Tell (MG) to watch his back, tell him to watch his children… I'm coming for him… I'm gonna f---ing kill him... I'm gonna put a bullet in you and I'm gonna put a bullet in one of your f---ing kids too.""

"Huelsman had received multiple Emmy Award nominations for his work as a camera operator, working on multiple reality series, as well as with late-night comedian Conan O’Brien. He has worked for numerous networks over the years, including CNN."

https://thepostmillennial.com/camer...n-arrested-for-threatening-to-kill-matt-gaetz

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    Mopar Dude likes this.
  20. ddddd

ddddd Well-Known Member

It was the MAGA Osundairo Brothers....

(from the Jussie Smollett case for those that didn't get the reference)

Mopar Dude and yakpoo like this.