Hobby Lobby should be run out of business

Discussion in 'Religion' started by JoeNation, Jul 27, 2021.

1. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

2. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Funny . . . you don't mention the need to penalize the auction house (Christie's) or to find the prior owner and penalize them . . . just Hobby Lobby . . . your agenda-driven lack of even-handedness is showing.

God forbid the world would rely on someone like you for good judgment.

3. JoeNation
    Angelic

Sorry I forgot to condemn every single entity involved. Thank God we have you to shift the topic away from one of those entities in such an even-handed way.

4. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

there's a Christies in every medium sized town in the US

5. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

Why? Do you think they should be run out because they bought a piece of history to be displayed in their museum or because of their religious beliefs?

6. toughcoins

Your smokescreen didn't work JN . . . I never tried to defend or shift the topic away from Hobby Lobby . . . I merely exposed your narrow-minded focus on your target of choice.

7. toughcoins

Just like Christie's, I'm ecstatic that we have only one FD.

8. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

do you go to church?

9. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

Do all of the members have me on ignore, or do you not want to have an honest conversation?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  10. JoeNation
    Angelic

And revealed your own biases loud and clear. Why can't you condemn the one player obviously at fault but have no issue "exposing" any other culpable players? You are oblivious to your own obvious biases. I see them. You still can't bring yourself to criticize them for some reason. Afraid that their hypocrisy will rub off on you? You'd rather fault players you can't even identify. So transparent.

11. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

I'm even handed.

Throw them all in jail. Preferably somewhere in modern day Iraq.

12. toughcoins

Wrong. I take no issue with penalizing Hobby Lobby. I’m not a fan of theirs but, even if I was, I’d appreciate the wisdom of the decision.

You essentially called for the destruction of just one party, while not even hinting at a penalty of any kind for the other two transgressors. If you don’t like having your biased singular focus under the microscope, that’s too bad. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but I am trying to get you to recognize how your political leanings throw your sense of fairness out of balance.

I’m also not saying I’m not vulnerable to doing the same thing on occasion, but I hope that I would more quickly own up to it when it was pointed out to me.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  13. Profiler

Profiler Active Member

I find it interesting that those that call for tolerance are usually the most intolerant. Are you saying that your op containing a selectively edited news article is a reason to say Hobby Lobby is “obviously at fault”? Here’s the Paul Harvey version for those that may not know. If you don’t like the NY Post, almost identical articles are available from other news outlets.
    https://nypost.com/2021/07/28/us-se...utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Mopar Dude and toughcoins like this.
  14. toughcoins

Certainly not yours . . .

15. JoeNation
    Angelic

I simply don't like the owners of Hobby Lobby. I don't know anything about Christies or the prior "owners" of the piece of antiquities but I probably wouldn't like them either if I did. This underbelly of thieves and lowlifes are not on my main street selling trinkets and bobbles to bored house wives like Hobby Lobby does. I can't hate them with as much ease as I hate the owners of such an evil organization as Hobby Lobby. At least they are thieves and crook without pretending to be good little Christians. I hate evil that hides in the light just a little bit more than I hate regular old thieves. They are just sneaker and fool idiots that I end up having to argue with occasionally. You see my point now?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  16. toughcoins

Nope . . . pretty feeble attempt at recovery, if you ask me. I'm not the one you're answering to though, so I'm curious to see other's reactions to your response.

17. JoeNation
    Angelic

I didn't.

18. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I haven’t commented on this previously because I am not sure that I am seeing the egregious wrongdoing here. I know of the Epic of Gilgamesh and understand this was an item likely smuggled out of Iraq. Is the Iraq government intent upon the tablets return? Likely a pretty safe bet that an Iraqi masterminded the smuggling operation to begin with.

From what I can glean the tablet was sold to Hobby Lobby via an auction house. I do not see where it was stated that Hobby Lobby knowingly purchased smuggled goods. How is this different that anyone winning an auction to discover the goods they purchased were tainted?

It is also stated that Hobby Lobby purchased the item to be displayed at a museum. What on earth could possibly be wrong with that? I have quite a laundry list of coins that I wish were displayed in museums and not in private collections because I would love to see them.

I am missing the egregious deed done here. I need to be enlightened…… On the matter of tolerance, I have seen the answer to that question in post after post on this website! Tolerance preached is not tolerance at all. Only unless that tolerance conforms with mine seems to be the marching orders these days.

19. JoeNation
    Angelic

You'd have to be an idiot to think this transaction was legal. It belongs to the country of Iraq. Hobby Lobby owners are either really, really stupid or they knew what they were doing and got caught.

20. toughcoins

Wrong again Joe.

You either did not read, or did not understand the article @Profiler was kind enough to link us to.