Hi there!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HollysMom, Oct 21, 2011.

1. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

I am looking forward to posting here. I consider myself to be a social conservative, although I vote for whatever candidate impresses me the most regardless of what political affiliation he or she may have. I hope that there is good discussion here and not just a lot of bashing between posters--I love good discussion, but hate to feel under attack all of the time.

2. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your posts. If someone attacks you, I guess they are paying attention to what you say in an unpolite way.

3. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

Hey, Andy. I've already got three people wanting to eat my lunch on the Religion forum. *shrugs* It's just my lovable personality, I guess! :p

2 people like this.
  4. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Good luck with that and welcome aboard.

5. Stujoe

Stujoe Well-Known Member

Welcome and good luck. Hopefully, the 'new blood' we suddenly are experiencing might change the current forum state in that regard.

That is all I can post right now because I think I just saw a flock of pigs fly past my dining room window and need to go investigate. ;)

2 people like this.
  6. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

Thanks for the welcome, Stujoe. It's my experience that new blood seems to come and go in cycles on forums like this--some stick around after whatever it was in the news cycle that helped them discover the board in the first place and others go on to post elsewhere. I hope you're right and things will change, but certain types of individuals seem to like to butt into religious discussion with their own fervor and prefer to bog down discussion instead of enhance it. It's too bad, really.

7. PTD
    Fiendish

PTD Administrator Moderator

Hi HollysMom, thanks for joining us! Yea, I've been trying to curtail the bashing and get the debate to be more civil here, and we've made some big improvements in that over the past few weeks I think.

8. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

Hey, Peter! Thanks for the welcome. :D I promise to be on my best behavior. I swear. I'm enjoying it so far--so I think you're doing a great job!

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Give em Time Peter give em time LOL welcome to the forum HollysMom :D

10. Takiji

Takiji Well-Known Member

I think I might have been one of those trying to eat your lunch on the religion forum, but now you've got purring and trying to get a tummy rub so obviously you have me pretty well figured out already. But you'd still better keep an eye on your lunch. :)

11. HollysMom

HollysMom New Member

Takiji, no one touches my lunch! (My dogs won't let them!) Thanks for the welcome! :D

12. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Hi Holly (is it ok to shorten your name to that? Not lazy, just like to simplify lol), I just came back from a swearing "vacation", but will attempt to be more civil. That said, I've read many of you posts and doubt we're going to agree much more than half the time. And that's ok... it's not your fault you're only half-right. ;)

Or is it half-right, half the time? :confused: No, that's make you a quarter-right all the time... wait, now I'm confusing myself again. Anyway, I'll do my best to be civil lol