Hello From Scotland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by morayloon, Feb 11, 2012.

1. morayloon

morayloon New Member

Hi,
    I have been scanning your site since Historum stopped allowing political discussion: political enthusiasts being directed to this site. After much hesitation I have decided to try it out.
    As the title says I am from Scotland and I hope to start some threads on Scottish matters to see if the topics are of interest to you 'across the pond'.
    Politically I am left wing - in UK terms. I believe that will put me very much to the left as you Americans see it.
    However, my main interest in politics is Scottish Nationalism - I want to see my country join the ranks of the world's sovereign states.
    I hope I will be able to contribute a little to your discussions, more a need of information on your political scene than anything else I think.
    I also hope that you will visit the threads I start and possibly reply to them.
    I think I should explain my name: Moray is the county I live in (North East Scotland) and loon means boy in the local Scottish dialect (just in case you thought I was psychiatrically challenged)
    My avatar is known as the Banner of the King of Scots or the Royal Standard of Scotland. I can assure you however that I am not a monarchist.
    Finally, if I use some British terms or Scottish words you don't understand please don't hesitate to berate me

2. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard morayloon and thanks for the description of your user name.
    Without it I would have pictured a sea creature crossed with a bird featured on a Canadian coin.

3. Recusant
    Spaced

Recusant Member

Hello and welcome to Partisan Lines, morayloon! [​IMG] So far, it seems that the number of people from the other site who have taken the time to register and post something here can be counted on one hand. It may be because the atmosphere here is so stiflingly warm and congenial. [​IMG] It will be a pleasure to see some threads about Scottish (and possibly British and EU) issues, for a change!

I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.

4. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Welcome to Partisan Lines. Ignore the inane bickering as well as you can and post at your leisure. I'll be happy to reply to your postings when I have something to contribute. I may be asking more questions than anything else though.

5. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Welcome :D I am a Welshman living in London LOL my politics are slightly right of center but I am accused by the RW here of been left wing LOL (God knows what they will think of a genuine LW :) )

6. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

I just asked God... He said He hasn't the faintest idea either, but He jokes around a lot, and I'm pretty sure He knows, so don't take it literally. I mean... He says the same thing when I ask Him about the $50 He owes me.