God Existence, Proven Yet?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by freshmeat, Feb 3, 2014.

1. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

Finally a Religion Forum :)

2. JoeNation
    Cheerful

JoeNation FOX Lies, GOP buys!

No one has ever claimed to prove the existence of God. It's a matter of faith. Convenient eh?

3. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

But everyone demands 'proof' about everything else!

4. JoeNation
    Cheerful

Not exactly "everyone". True believers are motivated by things other than proof. I was raised in a Catholic school and I was very discouraged from asking questions. Eventually, I was asked what I was going to give up for Lent and I replied, "Catholicism" of course. At least they left me an out. :D

5. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

I was alluding to the bully scandal thread :D

6. IQless1
    Blah

IQless1 trump supporters are scum

Proof? No. Asterisk. Individuals may become convinced, may witness "proof", but that kind of thing isn't for the masses. Not yet, anyway. ;)

Given enough time, eons maybe, I believe they will have their proof though. It's kinda a "done" thing, IMO. :)

2 people like this.
  7. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

So then, we are all on the same page. No such thing as god.

8. IQless1
    Blah

It depends on what your definition of "God" is.

The way I see it, "God" is like "Big Daddy" watching over and caring for an embryo.

By the way, congratulations, we're a girl! :)

9. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Yes I exist when my puter allows LOL

4 people like this.
  10. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

Ah, the no so omnipotent version :p

4 people like this.
  11. LucyRay
    Amused

LucyRay Active Member

No God? You can't be serious. There's something greater than each one of us that created all of this world..good and bad. Whatever your faith or lack of is, there still is a god who created you. Yes.

12. JoeNation
    Cheerful

My question is which God? Whose version of God? I think Hindus have something on the order of 6 million Gods. The Greeks had all kinds of Gods. We tend to look back at those beliefs and think of them as naive, superstitious, primitive, and yet one day people will look back at us and think ...what? Religions come and religions go. It's almost the height of arrogance to think we have it right when everyone else before us had it wrong.

13. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Well of course there is a God. I think He's Catholic.
    Nice lot that they've been for so long.

3 people like this.
  14. IQless1
    Blah

I really don't want to say much about the Catholic faith, aside from that I know they are determined to help those most in need, and that is indeed a worthy cause.

15. JoeNation
    Cheerful

I feel that having been born Catholic, raised in Catholic schools, and having several relatives that were or are nuns and priests, I can comment of the Catholic faith. It is just as silly as any other belief system out there with the added surprise that comes with sending pedophiles into communities all over the world. They did this knowing that these predators would abuse other kids in other communities and they did nothing to stop it. Hundreds and hundreds of priests did this and those are just the ones we know about. Building a Catholic Church in your community is like having a registered sex offender in the neighborhood without the benefit of knowing in advance.

16. IQless1
    Blah

Their "chastity" stuff is definitely messed-up and is probably what led to some of their recent pedophilia issues. Pent-up sexual urges found a way to be released.

17. JoeNation
    Cheerful

And that is another point. The only reason priests are forbidden to marry is because the church didn't want the wife to end up with her husband's assets when he died. The church wanted those. They created this problem for money.

18. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

Since when is faith some sort of requirement for anything? That is your idea of proof?

19. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Assuming that each of these "days" lasted anywhere from one day to a hundred million years, the scientific and biblical views do meet in certain points. These points were the inspiration for this album, and, besides, they provided me with an excuse to write seven new pieces of music. ~Jan Hammer

Liner notes from an album put out in 1975.

Day six was the people.

So the answer is nothing has been proven.
    From either side.

Great song though.

20. freshmeat

freshmeat Active Member

What other side?