Conservative values

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GeneWright, Aug 17, 2020.

1. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

I do agree, that guy was being a jerk. shot 7 times for it though? not sure

2. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN Active Member

Yes, I can see your point of view on that.

3. SmalltownMN
    Doh

SmalltownMN Active Member

Seems awfully excessive even for in the "heat of the moment", doesn't it?

FryDaddyJr likes this.
  4. FryDaddyJr

5. FryDaddyJr

6. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

The real kicker is that while this happens, police are rarely if ever punished/charged for these crimes. They always get to do "internal reviews" that turn up nothing.

So, this has been a problem for decades, but it's been at the forefront of public consciousness for years now as well. Meanwhile, there hasn't been meaningful change from lawmakers. What do you think should be done to remedy this situation in terms of stopping or at least punishing racial profiling within law enforcement?

7. FryDaddyJr

8. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Charming sentiment. However the only people being judged here is those that have the guts to face danger and insults each and every day. Yet they still keep you safe.

9. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

Unless you happen to be black that is.

10. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

Sorry FD, but that is, flat out, the single dumbest response I've ever seen to complaints that Social Security is not awesome.

11. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Missed this. And you still want to say conservatives are dividing us??

12. toughcoins

Yeah . . . what a short-sighted reply . . . did you forget about all of the Americans who contributed to the system and died well before the average age?

As for Kyosaki's, "The 401(k): Robbing Americans for 40 Years Now", you probably ought to ask him how the 401K compares with Social Security . . . I have no doubt he'd favor the eschewed 401K if Social Security was his only other option. In his words, "The 401(k) is a horrible retirement plan", but you know what? . . . It returns more than Social Security does.

13. FryDaddyJr

social security isn't supposed to be your sole retirement plan, dolt. it's insurance for destitute people.

14. toughcoins

Deep thinking there FD . . . if everyone was required to put their SSA contributions into a 401K plan instead, we wouldn't have any destitute people, other than the same ones who today don't qualify for Social Security. Moreover, we and the federal government all be in much better financial condition.

15. FryDaddyJr

and when the market crashes? you just bail them out again, right, because that doesn't cost anything.

16. toughcoins

Do you even have a 401k account or other investments, or will you be entirely dependent upon Social Security?

17. FryDaddyJr

I have more than you do in a 401k. What's that got to do with people who need social security??

18. toughcoins

Absolutely nothing, but your reply about market crashes wiping people out displayed your ignorance about balancing return with risk, and the magnitude of returns associated with investing 15% of one’s income for 40+ years. Gosh, I suspect that one would have to lose a lot more than 50% of the 401k account before social security benefits even approach what would remain.

Social Security is an inferior program . . . There’s no way you don’t already know that.

19. FryDaddyJr

stock markets shouldn't be bailed out and they aren't too big to fail. LOL

20. toughcoins

My, aren’t we full of ourselves . . .