Calling Clembo

Discussion in 'Chatter' started by Mopar Dude, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

Last I heard, @clembo found himself in the hospital. Just hoping that was a temporary thing and you are home safe and sound now.

clembo likes this.
  2. ddddd

ddddd Well-Known Member

Hopefully all is well. He did post earlier today on CoinTalk so that is a good sign.

Mopar Dude and clembo like this.
  3. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Good news is no Covid but I did spend 6 days in the hospital and left with not as much in the way of toes. Lost about 1/2 a toe on my right foot.

Healthcare workers are working insane hours. Give them a break folks. Play the game smart.
    I waited 6 hours in ER to get in. That wait is as long as 48 for some. I have no reason to make this up.

Robert Ransom, ddddd and Mopar Dude like this.
  4. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

I have been fully vaccinated since I was eligible, and got my booster tonight.

I've had COVID run through my workplace these past couple of weeks (I was away at the Baltimore Show and missed almost all of it), and infect over a dozen co-workers . . . some vaccinated, some not, some liberal, and some not.

My point? That the characterization of conservatives alone as being anti-COVID-vax and liberals as being all for it does not align with reality at all . . . it serves the liberal media machine well, but it's also just propaganda . . . both fit each other well, I guess.

I'm sorry you've lost more to diabetes Clem, and hope you still have enough toes to walk straight . . . and count without anyone else's help :) .

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  5. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Active Member

As I indicated to you earlier, I went through the same procedure 18 months ago and lost 2/3rds of my right toe. Periodic balance issues, otherwise no problems. Glad you are Ok. ;)

clembo and Mopar Dude like this.
  6. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Thanks. No balance issues that I didn't already have.;)

Thing is I went in the hospital dehydrated as I couldn't keep anything down for 3 days.
    I lost 17 pounds that I did NOT need to lose.

Still trying to regain my weight and strength but I'd rather do that at home.

7. toughcoins

Good luck Clem. I assume they're letting you eat foods you like, instead of stuff they make there? You could probably teach them a thing or ten about cooking . . .

8. toughcoins

@clembo , we haven't seen you since Tuesday. Can we get an update? How are you doing?

9. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Back in the hospital on a clear liquid diet.
    Actually total fasting right now as I've had a tube up nose for 18 HOURS sucking excess fluids.

I have a cdiff infection in my gut

10. toughcoins

Sorry I asked Clembo. That sounds perfectly miserable. I was hoping to hear you were back home by now.

You just keep doing everything those pretty little nursies tell you, and they'll have you back home, eating your crazy agglomerations again in no time.

Mike

11. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

You have no idea how bad I want to cook.:mad:

12. toughcoins

Knowing how much you seem to enjoy it, and after you've been eating nothing but hospital food for the last several weeks, I imagine you must be just about crawling out of your skin.

13. clembo

clembo Well-Known Member

Mrs Clembo here...

Clem had surgery this afternoon. The C-dif infection plus some old adhesions from prior surgeries combined to make a couple of partial blockages. They did a laparoscopic procedure to loosen the adhesions. That should clear the blockages. Good news is they didn't have to remove anything, which is the best case scenario for this problem. He was still coming out of the anesthesia when last visited. Sleepy & loopy. He should be much more coherent tomorrow.

One of us will keep y'all updated over the next couple days.

CoinOKC, ddddd, toughcoins and 2 others like this.
  14. Profiler

Profiler Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Here’s hoping for a speedy and full recovery!

ddddd and clembo like this.
  15. toughcoins

Glad to hear the encouraging news Mrs Clembo . . . thanks!

ddddd and clembo like this.
  16. Profiler

Profiler Well-Known Member

Any updates? Hopefully everything is well and you are back to cooking and just enjoying being at home!

17. toughcoins

@clembo , something fun for you to listen to while recovering . . .

Just don't go tryin' to dance to this . . . we don't want you tipping over!

18. Robert Ransom

My best wishes for a speedy recovery and a quick return to the kitchen. :D:)

19. toughcoins

ToughCOINS to @clembo . . . I can’t speak for anyone else here, but I’m missing that voice of other reason.

Are you back home yet, cooking for yourself and approaching your target weight?

Please let us know you’re doing fine.

Robert Ransom likes this.
  20. Robert Ransom