Anyone want to just talk a bit about life?

Discussion in 'Chatter' started by CoinBlazer, Sep 26, 2020.

1. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer de omnibus dubitandum

So how’s life guys? Since we only have 6 active users and admission into our secret society called PartisanLines is restricted, it’s like our own little morning coffee club! Anyone want to just shoot the breeze a bit?

I’ve been just working at Walmart, waiting to finalize my entry into the US Army. My cat is doing well.
    1608A202-AA60-424E-B6F2-A43673646782.jpeg

Here’s a fun little penguin meme
    BA59CBBD-A593-4970-8B7D-4263C763A35D.jpeg

Anyway so if y’all just wanna talk about random stuff, show pictures of your dogs, cars, favorite foods, whatever you want, (preferably none of the usual chatter, we have other threads for that) go ahead, enjoy!

Best regards,
    Michael, CB

2. GeneWright

GeneWright Well-Known Member

Here's my cats Mac and Bisky

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We've also got 4 pet rats. Rudy here likes being held on his back and having his stomach tickled!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In other news, I recently started graduate school for a Master's degree and am looking at PhD programs.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  3. CoinBlazer

What degree?

4. GeneWright

Neuroscience/Pharmacology focuses. Long term, I'm just hoping to stay in research.

5. toughcoins

toughcoins Rarely is the liberal viewpoint tainted by realism

My brother entered the MS/PhD program in BioEngineering at Caltech. Had up to 7 years to complete, tuition-free on a university stipend to cover living expenses. He bailed for the allure of big money in the pharma industry after getting his masters in year 1. I couldn't believe he did that, and I bet he secretly regrets it now. Educational opportunities like that don't grow on trees . . . then again, what do I know?

Good luck in your pursuits.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  6. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

Here is Angel. He is my only pet these days. There is no dog on the planet he will not try and take on. Angel 70th B-Day 4-1-20.jpg

Mopar Dude likes this.
  7. toughcoins

I miss pets. My wife & I are both approaching retirement age, and lost our last dog a few years back. Now, my wife wants a break, and I'm missing the unwaivering companionship of a dog by my side. We hope to do some traveling if this COVID thing ever passes . . . if we get the travel out of our systems soon enough, I'll bring home a dog again someday.

8. GeneWright

Animals do keep you busy in the best ways.

Where do you hope to travel to? By this time next year for sure I'd bet we're clear to travel

9. toughcoins

Mostly domestic trips . . . The Rockies, Hawaii, Alaska. Before I get too old for it I want to experience a western cattle drive, a la City Slickers. Thailand isn’t for my wife, but I’d love to go there . . . And the Holy Land. I could go on, but we have limited years ahead of us.

10. FryDaddyJr

FryDaddyJr Well-Known Member

Dollywood?

11. JohnHamilton
    Pensive

JohnHamilton Well-Known Member

Life sucks. I go to the super market pharmacy to get a flu shot and have it denied because the government has screwed up my Medicare card after I have used for the last six years. I got it done at my primary care physician and then get a call in for a blood test because the person who gave it to me pricked her finger on the needle after the shot.

I hate medical crap. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had crap done to me because of doctor screw-ups. It will only get worse with “single payer” because the doctors won’t give a damn any more. They will draw a salary and act like bureaucrats. You may as well get to a vet. They might still be in the private sector if there is any private sector left.

12. JoeNation
    Angelic

Maybe they are trying to tell you that they don't like you. Perfectly understandable.

13. CoinBlazer

Wow, we went a total of 9 replies of animals, travels and other fun stuff without any sort of dissent between members. I suppose I got what I expected.

14. toughcoins

Dissent between viewers? I know the JH post wasn't cheery, but his references were to situations, not to members of P/L.

15. JoeNation
    Angelic

There can't be any dissent when he can't see my posts. Self-imposed blinders has advantages, but just not to the ones wearing the blinders. :D

16. FryDaddyJr

so it's OK for you to have socialized medicine?

17. toughcoins

Doesn't sound like it to me FD.

Like all of us working stiffs I think he paid for it, and would bet dollars to donuts he'd much prefer to have put his premiums into private medicine instead.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  18. FryDaddyJr

there's no law against him using private insurance. you know that, right?

19. toughcoins

Yeah, I know . . . and he should be able to divert his Medicare premiums to that private insurance if he so chooses.

20. FryDaddyJr

a real financially successful person doesn't even need to worry about it. Medicare and SS are lifelines for the indigent.