A Bi-Partisan Critique

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mopar Dude, May 22, 2020 at 1:54 PM.

1. Mopar Dude

Mopar Dude Well-Known Member

I frequently maintain that I am not a fan of much of what comes out of Mr. Trumps mouth and I have heard many of my of my conservative minded compatriots here echo a similar sentiment. Similarly with his frequent usage of Twitter. In other words, we acknowledge what we perceive to be the mans weaknesses while continuing to support his title and office.

My question to the more liberal posters is do you critique your democratic leaders in the same way. Ms. Pelosi sends chills down my back when she speaks. I truly wonder if she is in complete control of her faculties these days. She was once a powerful and effective leader, but she now lends the appearance of a caricature of her former self...... When Mrs. Clinton was running for our high office she frequently projected a vile and viscerally angry message. I witnessed that first hand myself. There are other examples, but I think you get the idea.

As a democrat do you have the capacity to be genuinely critical of your party's leaders? Not a trick question at all. I have drawn a preliminary conclusion in my mind that those that lean more left will protect the utterances of their leadership at all costs. So that is my question. Are democratic leaders capable of being fallible in your minds?

Last edited: May 22, 2020 at 2:00 PM
    JoeNation likes this.
  2. GeneWright

GeneWright Active Member

I may not be as helpful here since I don't self-describe as a Democrat, but given the limited options of a 2 party system, I vote for them almost exclusively.

I have plenty of criticism for them. Obama's administration arguably committed some atrocities with the expansion of the drone program, Sanders won't consider nuclear power, I despise Bloomberg (please take him back!).

It'll change soon, but we hear a lot of news about the folly and criticism of Republicans right now simply because they've been in full or near full control of the federal government for years. It's tough to criticize the Dems when they are hardly allowed to get a bill passed. I genuinely hope we get our chance to criticize them soon!

Mopar Dude likes this.
  3. JoeNation
    Angelic

JoeNation Patron Saint of Idiots

I was never a Biden fan. I think he was moderately OK in his prime but those days are long past. He makes a few verbal gaffs that a more polished, perhaps younger, Joe Biden would probably not have made. He is far more corporate than I like my Democrats. I can think of several other primary candidates that I would rather have seen get the nomination. I trust that he'll be a one-term president and that he will pick adults for his administration that will not hand the government over to the wealthy. But then again, it really doesn't matter if a corporate Democrat or any Republican wins, corporations will always have a prime seat at the table.

If I had my druthers, I'd like to see someone on par with the likes of Justin Trudeau of Canada or Jacinda Ardern of New Zealand. Some with vision and leadership, not just someone that can afford to run for office.

Honestly, other than not liking Trump's tweets or his brain-dead comments during briefings, I see very little criticism and absolutely no honest critique of the Trump Administration by any Republicans here. The most any of them will do is wish that Trump would stop giving Democrats so much ammunition to work with. Trump has a long, long, history of corruption and cavorting with shady people and he isn't any different today than he has been his entire life. The only difference now is that he has legions of Republicans defending everything he does.

Mopar Dude likes this.
  4. Andrew Jackson

Andrew Jackson New Member

While I agree with your overall point, I have to disagree with a small detail- people like Pelosi, Clinton, Feinstein, etc. were already nasty people, even in prior years. I remember seeing the "First Lady" on TV as a child, and Madame Clinton was repulsive to me even then. And, the other day, I was just thinking how political rat Diane Feinstein enabled my home state to degrade into a third world environment. She's been pretty cozy though- holding a senate seat for almost 30 years (longer than I've been around), and I feel ashamed to have voted for her (not that I had much choice). Despite myself being a left-winger, it's pretty easy to criticize Democrats when you have a firsthand encounter of their activities, and an eyewitness view of how they're taking money out of your pocket, and ruining the state you reside in. In California, they began delivering drugs and alcohol to homeless in quarantine. (So THAT'S where my tax dollars go!).

Haha. Really, Joe? Justin Trudeau? That man is a cringefest in every public appearance. He's not a leader, he looks and acts like a busboy at a restaurant. I don't like a number of politicians, but it would be nice to see someone capable of holding office- not someone who is unable to make firm choices, or deliver strong ultimatums.

Last edited: May 26, 2020 at 2:11 AM